• ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Wow, zombie thread walks the Earth!

I tried some of the above and reduced the malfunctions some, but not completely. I also despised the difficulty of assembly and disassembly.

I ended up buying a 22 conversion slide for my CZ P01. Guess what? No malfunctions to speak of with any kind of ammo and it's noticably more accurate than the ruger. It's scary accurate, in fact. I've never looked back.

My brother has one, CCI Minimags for it. And I also despise cleaning that gun. That's the only one I have ever not enjoyed cleaning, and why I am getting a GSG 1911 22.

00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    I have a Mark III 22/45 and I have put at least 10 boxes of 550 round bulk pack federal through mine with maybe 10 hiccups, and most of those were fail to fires no fault of the Ruger. I disassembled and cleaned it after every 550 rounds and I never had any problems. It was a pain in the *** to disassemble the first 3 times but after a few dissembles under my belt its no problem now.
    I decided to see how many rounds I could put through it before I had any real problems like FT Feed or FT Eject. After 3 boxes of 550 rounds I still had no real problems maybe 5 failure to fires but still no function problems but I felt guilty and had to clean the gun.

I have shot 1 bulk pack of Remington golden bullets through it and they were absolutely the most horrible 22 lr I ever shot through this gun. Not only did they FT Fire and FT Feed they turned the wood grip on my gun to a flaky gold color.

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    My Mark 2 has only been completely apart 3 times in 25 years. I clean the barrel with an Otis cleaning cable and patch. I wipe the insides with a patch and Q-tip. The gun has always ran perfectly. I am hoping for the same results from the daughters Mark 3.

I did work for a dealer who refused to take any Mark 2's apart. When he took one on trade he would take it outside and hose it down with WD-40. After it dripped dry he would wipe it off and put it in the case to sell.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have a Ruger Mark III, 22/45. It jams about once every other magazine, with Federal or Remington bulk ammo, worse with Remington. It fails to eject all the way, or fails to feed a new round.

Has anyone had this kind of problem. It's mainly an annoyance, as I use this pistol for practice, but if I could fix it, it would be a lot more fun.

clean it well, and then try the CCI ammo, that is teh only ammo the range I shoot at allows for it's rental MK's. Stuff works well :)

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I have a mag that doesn't allow the follower to compress the spring when loading. I have to compress it with a screwdriver, hold it in place with my thumb and then load. It will stovepipe about halfway through the mag everytime I try to use it, regardless of ammo. It doesn't put the nose of the round at the right angle. It's too low and catches on the ramp. I need to get off my butt and get it sent to Ruger for a replacement.

I've also noticed some issues when it get really dirty, say a full pack of bulk ammo. For the most part, a qtip with some hoppes and little oil fix it.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have a mag that doesn't allow the follower to compress the spring when loading. I have to compress it with a screwdriver, hold it in place with my thumb and then load. It will stovepipe about halfway through the mag everytime I try to use it, regardless of ammo. It doesn't put the nose of the round at the right angle. It's too low and catches on the ramp. I need to get off my butt and get it sent to Ruger for a replacement.

I've also noticed some issues when it get really dirty, say a full pack of bulk ammo. For the most part, a qtip with some hoppes and little oil fix it.
    IMHO, that sounds like a bad mag, I have 9 mags, and have no mag problems ...

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Did not know this would resurrect the thread? I have used CCI and Winchester in my Ruger Mark III. It is finicky and did not like the CCI. Four FTE's and two double feeds in 100 rounds. Not too happy about it either. Any other firearm would be sold immediately. Trying to give this one another chance. Having issues finding magazines other than ordering them online.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Did not know this would resurrect the thread? I have used CCI and Winchester in my Ruger Mark III. It is finicky and did not like the CCI. Four FTE's and two double feeds in 100 rounds. Not too happy about it either. Any other firearm would be sold immediately. Trying to give this one another chance. Having issues finding magazines other than ordering them online.

Bullseye probably has a few hanging on the pegboard to your left when you walk in. It'll be back towards the bow station on the outside wall.

Top Bottom