• ...and so much more!
  • SheriffMedic95

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Indiana
    LCP

Same reason as the SR9...if you drop them they "might" go off (dont drop it!). Haha, no they are offering a free magazine with finger ext when you send it in. All postage paid both ways. SHip to your house, no dealing with FFL.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I would not let this recall stop you. In fact it is a better reason to buy now. When they bring your gun back for the recall they will not only fix the recall issue but will fix the area that has been machined inside now on the newer ones so make it feed better. You will also get a new magazine with a pinky extension on it. They pay the freight both ways so it is a pretty good deal for you.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Snip> I saw one in stock at Beech Grove Firearms Friday.

HI Guy's and Girl's;

Yeah, that LCP is there for demo only, it hasn't been sent back to Ruger yet for the update. A lot of people want to see and feel one before they consider buying one so they have that one there for that purpose.

They got in three LCP's several weeks ago and they were gone the same day.

I had the chance to buy either the Kel-Tech P3AT or Ruger LCP and after looking both of them over I choose the LCP, it's just smoother and a little nicer looking than the Kel-Tech and it shoots very tight groups to point of aim at 21 ft. and I could cover the holes with a .50 cent piece.

I was sitting there on one of there stools one day and it was something to see. UPS was delivering boxes of firearms in the front door and customers were carrying them right back out the front door, mostly Rock River AR-15's and AK's but handguns too. One fellow bought two AR-15"s. It got so crowded I got up and left.

Happy New Year all, Dan.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka and Elkhart have a few in stock right now. These are the "fixed" post recall models.

My bud and I both got ours, and for my part I love the way this little guy shoots.

Am I just happy to see you, or is that an LCP in my pocket :D
    mylcpin1.jpg

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Yeah, that LCP is there for demo only, it hasn't been sent back to Ruger yet for the update. A lot of people want to see and feel one before they consider buying one so they have that one there for that purpose.

They got in three LCP's several weeks ago and they were gone the same day.

I had the chance to buy either the Kel-Tech P3AT or Ruger LCP and after looking both of them over I choose the LCP, it's just smoother and a little nicer looking than the Kel-Tech and it shoots very tight groups to point of aim at 21 ft. and I could cover the holes with a .50 cent piece.

I am still blow away by how popular these tiny guns are. When the Kel-Tec came out, I heard about it. I read LCP stuff all over internet forums. I am glad that it is actually a decent shooting gun, though it sucks that Ruger botched the initial production run, requiring the recall and such. At least they are fixing them quick and giving away a free magazine.

rawtown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    From what I understand the LCP's that were recalled were the first run of these starting with serial number 370-XXXXX. Ruger would send you a recall kit which included shipping to repair the gun. However if you bought new now the issue has already been fixed as they are on the 3 gen of serials where they are starting 373-XXXXX. Basically if you were to buy one now new there would be no need to worry about the recall. The only reason to worry about the recall is if you have an older version that the serial started with 370.

Top Bottom