• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Buddy had same problem with his LCP, ya gotta break these guns in with at least 200 rounds. If ya still have issues Ruger is outstanding with fixing these problems. Good luck and remember clean it, oil it, and hang on tight!

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Works fine for me... :D

Mauser_C96_M1916_Red.jpg

You got me LOL!!!!

But...you don't leave it in there do you!?! The thing you push the rounds into (from the clip) go into the magazine. It's just built in ;)

00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    The only problem I have ever had with mine was while shooting hollow points. I do not have a problem with all hollow points, just the ones that are not tapered. The non tapered hollow points tend to hang up on the feed ramp.

Nothing a little polishing wouldn't fix, I just havent taken the time to do that.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I shot both of them. I have put at least 300 rounds through each and they are both still jamming. I contacted Ruger and they seem to believe it could be the recoil springs / guide rods. I'm pretty pissed though, because I've put about $280 worth of ammunition through them. They are going to send me new guide rods/springs. If it fixes the problem, I'll be less pissed, but you can't get rid of your initial impression. One of these is for my wife and I can't have her pistol jamming if she was in trouble. Maybe I should get her a revolver...

Sublime49er247

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    searpinski, I just picked up a Ruger LCP recently but have not fired it yet. I will keep in contact with you about my experiences. Thank you for your post.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Interesting thread there on the first page about LCP jamming. I agree with some of the posters though...you shouldn't have to modify a new gun to work correctly. When I insert a loaded magazine and pull back the slide, neither really even chamber the first round well. I feel like I've been duped. If Ruger's new guide rods/recoil springs don't fix my issue immediately, they are going to have to look each one over well. They sure as hell better work when they get back to me.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Interesting thread there on the first page about LCP jamming. I agree with some of the posters though...you shouldn't have to modify a new gun to work correctly. When I insert a loaded magazine and pull back the slide, neither really even chamber the first round well. I feel like I've been duped. If Ruger's new guide rods/recoil springs don't fix my issue immediately, they are going to have to look each one over well. They sure as hell better work when they get back to me.

I polished the feed ramp in mine, changed the guide rod to a BT Rod, went to 11 pound springs, then sold it and bought a Colt Mustang. :D

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Which version did you get? I was not familiar with them, but after looking them up...drool. A little rich for my blood, mainly because I've bought too many firearms lately, but I bet it's nice. Has it ever had any problems?

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    I'll try that tonight. Do you do that for the first round and then fully load the magazine?

Mag capacity -1. So when you chamber the first round your mag -2. I've found with some that until the spring gets "broken in" it can cause issues with feeding, especially in the smaller form factor pistol. I personally haven't had this kind of problem with larger sized frames. Experiences differ, that is just mine. At some point you should be able to completely fill the mag.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Mag capacity -1. So when you chamber the first round your mag -2. I've found with some that until the spring gets "broken in" it can cause issues with feeding, especially in the smaller form factor pistol. I personally haven't had this kind of problem with larger sized frames. Experiences differ, that is just mine. At some point you should be able to completely fill the mag.

I'll try this tonight thanks!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom