• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I have had the Bersa, Kel-Tec and Ruger LCP. The Bersas shot great with no problems but in my opinion are not really a pocket pistol. Out of the P3AT and the LCP, the LCP wins with me. It fits me perfect (I don't have real big hands and when I grip it, the pad of my middle finger fits with the ruger emblem). The Kel-tec had a bite and I think thats due to not fitting me correctly. With these small pocket guns, finding one that fits is a major priority. I only had 2 FTE in the first 75rnds with the Ruger and those were the last round out of the mag. I chalked that up to a non broken in mag. After that it's been perfect and I've put about 300 rnds thru her. I also found that she eats Remington Golden Sabres like candy and asks for seconds! Some people say with HP's in a pocket 380, you don't get expansion, some say you do. I just stagger the rounds, 1/2 Hp, 1/2 FMJ. Best of both worlds and I make sure a GS is the last round in the mag, the gun kicks those out pretty far and with a hotter round, no FTE on the last round. For me, it's the perfect CCW. Some may say it's only a 380 but it would definitely ruin a bad guys day. As far as accuracy, at 5 yards I can put all my shots into the size of my fist. The little LCP just disappears in the pocket, add a good pocket holster and you are set! I think Ruger definitely made a hit with this one.....:rockwoot:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Agreed.

I had a Kydex holster made for mine and love it...

m906.jpg

Ltemfly4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I really would like at least a 9mm, but if I have to compromise I might. I know that a 380 is a little easier to conceal, but I think I could find a 9mm just as small anymore

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I like my LCP & I carry it regularly.

Personally I think it's a pretty good choice if you are looking for an inexpensive, reliable & concealable BUG.

redryder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Evansville IN
    My wife and I both pack those little pocket rockets. We did do a couple minor mods.
    13# Wolff recoil spring
    B-T guide rod
    Pachmayr Tactical Grip Gloves

Last edited:

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    I just bought mine today. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet so I don't know how it shoots, but for a pocket gun it feels good in my hand.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I looked at the Ruger and the Keltec and ended up buying the Taurus. They are all good pocket guns. Ive had no troubles with my TCP. A factor in my decision was price, and another was the Taurus has a slide lock...and came with 2 mags. I bought it for 265 out the door. I am not putting down the Ruger. Just adding my opinion

ryan3326

Marksman
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Indiana
    BG380

I switched from the LCP to a S&W BG380 and I felt that it was an absolute upgrade.

I couldn't agree more. The ergo's of the Bodyguard are miles ahead of the LCP. The laser is OK to have - although I doubt I will ever use it. I am looking to add night sights to mine as soon as I can find them.
    Empty magazine hold open and true double action were also big selling points for me over the LCP.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    My LCP is on my hip as I type this. Small enough that it can go virtually anywhere with me. A little workhorse as well. It has swallowed over 500 rounds without a malfunction to speak of!

LCP FTW!

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I carry various handguns depending on my attire, but no matter what handgun I carry, my LCP rides along as well. Whether it is carried as a primary in shorts weather, or as the backup to something larger, the LCP is a constant companion.

My latest LCP with some upgrades...

Top Bottom