• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Total Newb question... but what is Izaak Waltons? I have never heard of it and would like some info.

I posted a link, go to the google maps and click on the satellite view.

The entire woods area is ours to go camp/hike in if we wish. The big building is the lounge area, lots of space for people to meet and eat (bring food). Outside of that there is trap and skeet shooting. All you do is bring clays and you can do it yourself or have the rangemaster do it, I tip him after. They also have archery to the right of that. If you continue on youll see the 100 50 25 yard ranges. They are making a 15 for pistols, but they had some issues so usually I just stand up closer after clearing it with any shooters there.

I believe a year family membership is around 130 bucks. A single is around 40 bucks. Guests are welcome but must be with members and they must pay $5 per day.

------------------------------

Update: still cant get a hold of him, im going to keep calling. If I cant get him by phone I will be back in fort wayne friday so I will head up and try and talk with him personally. I HIGHLY doubt it will be an issue as this will be a great way for them to generate guest fees and advertise the range. They have a handfull of older members but not much more than that.

-------------------------------

I will keep you guys posted!

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Update: still cant get a hold of him, im going to keep calling. If I cant get him by phone I will be back in fort wayne friday so I will head up and try and talk with him personally. I HIGHLY doubt it will be an issue as this will be a great way for them to generate guest fees and advertise the range. They have a handfull of older members but not much more than that.

I will keep you guys posted!

Thanks Ed, appreciate your work on this! :yesway:

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Just talked to Zach... We are good to go for Izaak Waltons!!!!!!!

We still have a few things to figure out first. What time is everyone planning on coming? Does everyone have the link to the map so you can find the place?

Also I was thinking... when you guys decide on a time, we can all meet in the big lodge area and eat, meet people, then well say like 30 minutes after the designated meet time we can go shoot. :dunno: I just want to reduce or eliminate the number of people who might get left behind.

Just everyone please be sure to bring $5 cash per person (if you are a non member). Other than that the food/guns stuff is completely up to you. (they have snacks you can buy, but id bring food if youre looking to eat.)

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Im good for whatever time just let me know what works for all of you. Btw, can we get a modd to change the title of this thread. I dont want anyone going to huntington by mistake.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Just talked with zach again, I have a list of questions and procedures.

Pick a time, whatever that is, well say 1 for example. I will be in the lodge (big room, look on google maps satellite view) at 12:30. Everyone just go straight there, not the ranges or anywhere else. He said we can bring food and hang out as long as we want. At 1:30 we will pass out the guest fee envelopes. All you do is write your name and who you came with (me for example) and put $5 in it. After that zach will collect all the envelopes and we are free to go shooting. Neither I nor zach are keeping your money, this is a guest range fee, just want to make that clear. Also keep in mind the times i just posted are an example, you guys choose the time and I will adjust my schedule accordingly.

He then brought up an interesting question that I need an answer to. Do you guys just want to go to the range, or do you want to do trap and skeet shoot? I need to know because he will allot his own time to man the controls. If you do, all you need is to bring clays and ammo. I usually tip him a few bucks when he works for me, so donations (tips to zach) are always accepted but not mandatory by any means. Please let me know if you want to do this so we can get an idea of what to plan for.

Also dont forget to bring eye protection, hearing protection, PAPER targets, clays (if u want to), and a staple gun... the usual, but often overlooked necessities.

Please keep me posted and ask any questions, im here to help.
    :ingo:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Sounds great!

Plinker: you can start a new thread in the events room now with the correct place, date, and time. I am good with any time to start. The more time the better :D

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Nolan

Count me in, I will be there "armed-n-ready". Do they have range carts like Roush? Nothing more enjoyable than makin noise and slingin lead.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Can someone bring a 1911...I've never shot one of those before (ashamed to admit).

I'll bring a .44 mag, a couple .357s, a .22 Buckmark, and a couple rifles.

Don't worry, I got ya covered. I'll bring a couple to try out. Word of warning they are the "crack" of firearms. Shoot one and you won't be able to eat or sleep again until you own one.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Can someone bring a 1911...I've never shot one of those before (ashamed to admit).

I'll bring a .44 mag, a couple .357s, a .22 Buckmark, and a couple rifles.

I will have my Colt 1911 with me. You are welcome to shoot it, but like Armed-N-Ready said they are very addictive.

Top Bottom