• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    When I was a youngster back in PA. My brother and I would shoot cooperheads with a Marlin 22LF rifle in the crick (not creek) as youans say, when fishing. Had a round bounce off the water and raddled thruogh the trees close to my Father, Lesson learned. Lost use of Marlin for a month.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    DNR hunting regs says you can not [FONT=Minion Pro,Minion Pro][FONT=Minion Pro,Minion Pro]Shoot across a body of water, except in the lawful pursuit of wildlife. Page 2 http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/files/fw-2010_Hunting_Regulations.pdf[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Minion Pro,Minion Pro][FONT=Minion Pro,Minion Pro][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Minion Pro,Minion Pro][FONT=Minion Pro,Minion Pro]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    When I was a youngster back in PA. My brother and I would shoot cooperheads with a Marlin 22LF rifle in the crick (not creek) as youans say, when fishing. Had a round bounce off the water and raddled thruogh the trees close to my Father, Lesson learned. Lost use of Marlin for a month.

I have called it a crick for as long as I can remember. :dunno: but I never heard it called that in all my travels to PA maybe you were just a displaced hoosier

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    Remember reading about some idiot off the coast of Florida shooting at a shark with an M1, bullet ended up killing a woman driving down a highway! Really freak but it's always best to not shoot at hard things at a bad angle.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    As a kid my buddy an I would chase carp down ditches an shoot down at them with Ruger 10/22's......That was always funner than a pole for me.

Anyone see mythbusters, if you shoot straight down into water that bullet is going far...think a 9mm went down to 12', the slug test blew up the tank an went through the floor....but at a 45 dgree angle even a .50 cal AP bullet gets only about 2 or 3 feet. Less of an angle would probably skip but they didn't try that.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Remember reading about some idiot off the coast of Florida shooting at a shark with an M1, bullet ended up killing a woman driving down a highway! Really freak but it's always best to not shoot at hard things at a bad angle.

I read that too, years ago in Readers' Digest. If I remember correctly, it was such a complete fluke it wouldn't have happened unless a bunch of events had converged.

The guy shot, the bullet traveled almost as far as it could, the woman had her rear window rolled down, which would have deflected the bullet at that speed if it was up, and it entered her head under her ear at the only spot that could have killed her.

I remember reading that story as a kid, I'd love to have the details now it was very interesting and has always stuck with me.

Top Bottom