• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    So..it's ugly as sin and not particularly high quality in any way...but I got one of these at K&T in New Haven and it's a pretty fun little gun for the small price paid. :)

Rossi USA

In a nutshell it's a single shot .410/45 colt with swapable barrels (takes less than a minute) to accommodate .22. I'd seen it sitting there for ages, but the wife had recently expressed interest in getting some kind of "musket" looking gun and I looked these up and she wanted it so I got it. It's no Judge, but it's a pretty fun little gun. I think I might use it to excise some ground hogs this summer. :)

It's kind of like a moped, lots of fun but you don't want your friends to see you on it. :p

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    I was talking to Rossis sevice dept about a year ago and explained the deer hunting handgun laws in Indiana and suggested they make a 50 cal 12 inch muzzleloader barrel for it.But what do we the consumers know we are just the people that keep them in business.I would like to see a range report and know what you think of it.I since have bought a buckhunter muzzleloading pistol,but would have waited if they even hinted they would think about it.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    So..it's ugly as sin and not particularly high quality in any way...but I got one of these at K&T in New Haven and it's a pretty fun little gun for the small price paid. :)

Rossi USA

In a nutshell it's a single shot .410/45 colt with swapable barrels (takes less than a minute) to accommodate .22. I'd seen it sitting there for ages, but the wife had recently expressed interest in getting some kind of "musket" looking gun and I looked these up and she wanted it so I got it. It's no Judge, but it's a pretty fun little gun. I think I might use it to excise some ground hogs this summer. :)

It's kind of like a moped,and fat chicks, lots of fun but you don't want your friends to see you on it. :p
    Fixed it for you, if thats OK?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    You guys are all wrong. I don't think it's ugly. It's a lot better looking than a Glock! :D

Seriously though, I saw one of these on GunBroker a while back and was intrigued.
    There was a little less than 2 days left on the auction so I put it on my "watch-list".
    The day the auction ended I logged on and took a peek. There was still only 1 bid on it, and it was still under $120 with no reserve. This was brand new, unfired, still in the box with papers, keys...
    I waited until there was only 16 minutes left on the auction (as per the 15 minute rule) and submitted my bid.

I won my Rossi matched pair auction for $129.73. :D:D

I had to send it back to Rossi as soon as it arrived.:xmad: The front sight on the .45Colt/410ga barrel was installed with about a 5 degree cant to the right! It was visibly obvious even without mounting the barrel to the frame.

It was less than 3 weeks before I had my pair back! HUGE kudo's to Rossi customer service!
    Both barrels function as advertised.

I haven't really considered it for deer hunting. Not that I don't think it would be fully capable. I just have too many other, and better choices already in the safe.

I think the .45Colt should be able to take an Indiana white-tail with ease, provided shot placement is good, and it's under 75 yards.

The .22Lr barrel is a great little squirrel gun. ;)

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Don't want this but their lever action .454 Casull page is in my favorites now. Drool !

I just picked up one of these last fall from an :ingo: member, just in time for deer season.:D

With it, I took two doe, about 5 or 6 seconds apart, from about 15 yards or so. :rockwoot:

That is one REALLY sweet shooting rifle. It has quickly become one of my favorite levers.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    ka60dc.jpg

Okay, going ot show my ignorance. Have never run across one of these. Definitely never shot one. What's the device on the right side of the pic? Looks like a old roller skate key. Does it have to be wound up in order to fire? (Seriously, what is it?)

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    http://i33.tinypic.com/ka60dc.jpg

Okay, going ot show my ignorance. Have never run across one of these. Definitely never shot one. What's the device on the right side of the pic? Looks like a old roller skate key. Does it have to be wound up in order to fire? (Seriously, what is it?)

That's a choke tube and choke tube wrench. Choke tubes alter the shot pattern of the projectiles. You can watch here for some info:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0_gskxNzTQ[/ame]

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I just picked up one of these last fall from an :ingo: member, just in time for deer season.:D

With it, I took two doe, about 5 or 6 seconds apart, from about 15 yards or so. :rockwoot:

That is one REALLY sweet shooting rifle. It has quickly become one of my favorite levers.

Is it drilled for a scope rail?

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Took it out a bit, no range report at this point but it seemed to be fairly on target from the box. Fiberoptic sites by the way. :)

patricktjms

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Springport, Indiana
    Similar to my Encore. And for what its worth, I deer hunt with it and a 308 barrel in Indiana. I have a 15" 209x50 barrel for it and it is NOT fun to shoot if you load it with more than 75 grains. Its kinda like hitting yourself in the palm with a ballpeen hammer. Ouchy.

Top Bottom