• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I really did like the tone of Rokita's letter.

I wish it had specified "magazines" along with "certain firearms and ammunition". I hope that omission was accidental and not a way of indicating they are open to mag limits but not another awb or ammo laws.

The part where he points out that the 2a means what it says is pretty good.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I really did like the tone of Rokita's letter.

I wish it had specified "magazines" along with "certain firearms and ammunition". I hope that omission was accidental and not a way of indicating they are open to mag limits but not another awb or ammo laws.

The part where he points out that the 2a means what it says is pretty good.

i'm guessing it wasn't accidental. 30 round mags will likely be the sacrificial lamb this go-round.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I just spoke to Todd Youngs office. The lady said Todd sent his own letter to obama, she is going to e-mail me a copy of it.

Good! As he's my rep too, [STRIKE]I'm looking forward to seeing what he wrote.[/STRIKE] Oops...should have read through the entire thread--wasn't expecting it to be done already. I like TR's better, but let's unite and press forward and hold their feet to the fire!

I like TR's letter, but one line there kind of makes me groan slightly: "The Supreme Court has ruled the Second Amendment means what it says"...I wish that's what they said. But I remember comments from Scalia, I think, that allowed room for limitations on this right--hardly "shall not be infringed".

Last edited:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I like both letters. Both do leave a little more to be desired but attention spans wane as the letter grows.

That being said, The letter Young signed makes more of an emotional play (i.e. what the liberals are trying to use to get this passed) versus TR's which is very straightforward and logical.

I think, honestly, having these two separate letters is better than either one could be on it's own.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    From Todd Young's Facebook page:
    "To clear up any confusion, several letters went to the President regarding 2nd Amendment Rights. I voiced my concerns about this issue by signing on Rep. Benishek's letter. Please go to the following link to see the letter:"
    http://benishek.house.gov/sites/ben...ertoPresidentObama_SecondAmendment_FINAL2.pdf

I'm glad he's made a statement, but my disappointment is not completely abated. Though I agree with the letter he signed, I can see why he signed that one and not Todd Rokita's. Young tends to prefer "safe" statements on issues that leave him wiggle room.

He, or any member of Congress, can say "I support the 2nd amendment". President Obama said that too. How many people have said that yet still support AWB, mag capacity limits, universal NICS, registration!

I want my representatives lay it out there like Todd Rokita has. I have no doubt how Rokita feels about any new infringements because he's addressed that. Young, and for that matter, Coats, both need to man up and drop the political hedging.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom