• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Hopefully you know how to eat a few blows to the face/head before you get a chance to fire. Action always beat reaction. Being able to think with your high brain when concussed is something you have to train for. Sadly, it's a skill that has been lost on the younger generations (not that you are) as they've never even has a cross word with someone, let alone in a physical fight. Older generations know what it's like to get punched in the face and how to fight through it.
    This can be mitigated by being vigilant and having a general dislike for most people anyway. People are ****ing crazy these days. I get so much as a dirty look in public, and I'm already checking my backstop. Rarely is a physical attack a true ambush with no warning signs.

What's the old saying? Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

:):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The road is a dangerous place now days. Bikers, cagers, old guys, old ladys, it does not mater. There is a MUCH higher percentage of drivers who have no regard for other drivers, riders whatever.

I encounter drivers practically every trip into town these days that think nothing of anything but themselves and their own little world. Be it devices distracting or just the me first, me only mentality, more and more drivers think nothing of using their vehicle to impede others. The left lane lurkers are just one small example of this. The fact that we have to have a law (whether enforced or not,) regarding this says a lot. Still there are many stretches of road that you can literally pass dozens of cars on the wrong side, with cars running bumper to bumper in the left lane and NO cars in the right lane. :scratch:

Lots and lots more drivers these days who think nothing of using their vehicles as weapons. A lot of times these are old people. More than once, in recent times, I've had to outdrive or outride somebody intent on showing me they are the boss, while running 5 under the limit. :n00b:

There are a very large percentage of drivers out there driving under the influence. While alcohol is a problem, it's certainly not the only one. There is a huge amount of driving by folks teetering on the edge of clarity while "medicated" with legal narcotics. Let alone the meth heads and Illinois edible crowd.

A little word to the wise on cars vs bikes on the road, to those who do not know;
    - Nearly any seasoned biker will be able to out maneuver a car that is intentionally trying to crash them.
    - If you choose to use your vehicle as a weapon, better not miss. You might just end up like the driver in the article, or worse.
    - Don't count on yourself being the only one armed, if you choose to use your vehicle as a weapon.

I'm not saying the biker was right to beat the guy, he was not. As a rider though, I can certainly understand anger at someone who attempted to kill you, either intentional or not.

We have only heard one side of this story.

Last edited:

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    The road is a dangerous place now days. Bikers, cagers, old guys, old ladys, it does not mater. There is a MUCH higher percentage of drivers who have no regard for other drivers, riders whatever.

I encounter drivers practically every trip into town these days that think nothing of anything but themselves and their own little world. Be it devices distracting or just the me first, me only mentality, more and more drivers think nothing of using their vehicle to impede others. The left lane lurkers are just one small example of this. The fact that we have to have a law (whether enforced or not,) regarding this says a lot. Still there are many stretches of road that you can literally pass dozens of cars on the wrong side, with cars running bumper to bumper in the left lane with NO cars in the right lane. :scratch:

Lots and lots more drivers these days who think nothing of using their vehicles as weapons. A lot of times these are old people. More than once, in recent times, I've had to outdrive or outride somebody intent on showing me they are the boss, while running 5 under the limit. :n00b:

There a a very large percentage of drivers out there driving under the influence. While alcohol is a problem, it's certainly not the only one. There is a huge amount of driving by folks teetering on the edge of clarity while "medicated" with legal narcotics. Let alone the meth heads and Illinois edible crowd.

A little word to the wise on cars vs bikes on the road, to those who do not know;
    - Nearly any seasoned biker will be able to out maneuver a car that is intentionally trying to crash them.
    - If you choose to use your vehicle as a weapon, better not miss. You might just end up like the driver in the article, or worse.
    - Don't count on yourself being the only one armed, if you choose to use your vehicle as a weapon.

I'm not saying the biker was right to beat the guy, he was not. As a rider though, I can certainly understand anger at someone who attempted to kill you, either intentional or not.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I ride aggressively to be in control of the situation, not out of malice. That biker had no business whatsoever striking the driver. It's easy to analyze the situation afterwards, but the driver should have left himself room in front so he could leave swiftly, that's basic defensive driving. Proper driving is a lost art.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I encounter drivers practically every trip into town these days that think nothing of anything but themselves and their own little world. Be it devices distracting or just the me first, me only mentality, more and more drivers think nothing of using their vehicle to impede others. The left lane lurkers are just one small example of this. The fact that we have to have a law (whether enforced or not,) regarding this says a lot. Still there are many stretches of road that you can literally pass dozens of cars on the wrong side, with cars running bumper to bumper in the left lane and NO cars in the right lane. :scratch:

There are a very large percentage of drivers out there driving under the influence. While alcohol is a problem, it's certainly not the only one. There is a huge amount of driving by folks teetering on the edge of clarity while "medicated" with legal narcotics. Let alone the meth heads and Illinois edible crowd.

Rode the majority my life. Seen it all pretty much. The percentage of asshats is growing daily. Attitudes suck. No license no insurance no registration No worries these days. The number of people with no credentials are growing.
    Distractions while driving and riding is way to common. I saw an idiot on a bagger yesterday with stereo blaring and he was on his cell texting or tweeting or whatever the hell these idiots are doing and he barely missed smacking the box truck in front of him stopping at a light.
    He curbed the front wheel and almost went down. Idiots.
    One of many reasons CKW and I hung up our riding gear in 04. Way to many idiots. Just not fun anymore after riding in multiple funeral processions burying your friends from drunk/distracted/ignorant drivers.
    The world is changing so fast.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Wow I've been through that intersection many times throughout my life.
    I'd never except something like that to happen there.
    That goes to show you crime maybe low in an area but it is very random and that is what you have to stay alert for.
    I do wonder what this guy did to get beat on like that. Something we didn't see back up the road? I'm not saying the beating was the right thing to do, but wonder what brought it on.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    To the driver of the white Chevy truck who passed me using the right hand turn lane while giving me the bird in the school zone with kids all over the place this morning, F you too.
    My father drives School bus and has for over 30 years, my mother did for well over 28 years.
    She had a teacher pass her on the right side picking children up, and almost ran them over. She got on her radio gave the license plate number, make model and color of car. A state troopers caught her up the road a short ways up.
    Mom testified in court. The lady was a 5th grade teacher she said her excuse was she was running late to work.... a teacher.
    My father and mother see this kind of stupid often. The good thing is they can call it in and the people are caught and hopefully learn not to pass a stopped bus with lights and stop arm out.

Reactions: KG1

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My father drives School bus and has for over 30 years, my mother did for well over 28 years.
    She had a teacher pass her on the right side picking children up, and almost ran them over. She got on her radio gave the license plate number, make model and color of car. A state troopers caught her up the road a short ways up.
    Mom testified in court. The lady was a 5th grade teacher she said her excuse was she was running late to work.... a teacher.
    My father and mother see this kind of stupid often. The good thing is they can call it in and the people are caught and hopefully learn not to pass a stopped bus with lights and stop arm out.
    It ain’t like they could start without her…

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It ain’t like they could start without her…
    IIRC this was not long after that idiot that ran over and killed several children doing the same thing here in Indiana. I believe it killed all the children in that one family. Very sad.

• Sad
    Reactions: KG1

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I cannot count how many times in my years of riding that I seriously wanted to break some asshats nose for putting my life in peril so he/she could get in front of me or run the next light. Way too many times. And when I bought CKW her full size Dyna Wide Glide we were even more aware. She was a capable rider. But some folks just don't give a flying ****.
    Regardless of how some folks feel/think more than a few really needed punched out.
    Not saying I did or did not on occasion take matters to the next level. Plausible deniability.
    Some people just suck. Period.

Top Bottom