• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Man, it had best be horrible out there. I am stuck in the basement here at work, can't see what it's like out there. I am supposed to be leaving at 7, after working the midnight shift, but the dayshifter called in to say he ain't gonna come in. Nobody else wants the overtime today, either...so I am stuck with a double shift.

More whining...do a double then the long drive home to come back for another mid....whine whine whine.....

At least I got a job :rockwoot::patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yup, thats what I'm talkin about. :yesway:

lucky fluckners. I want one! LOL

Roads SUCK this morning. Took the ol lady to work and idiots were driving at least 40 out on US40 before the roads were clear. I watched some idiot fly by me, hit a snow drift, cut off the guy in front of me, hit the curb and jump it, and got stuck on the sidewalk!!!!

:rockwoot:

Serves ya right beach!

It's not bad. Take it slow and you'll be ok.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    You know its bad then a snow plow truck is flipped over in a ditch (in Amity). The roads were horrible. Well except for the expert drivers in SUV and Pick-ups. They seemed to know what they are doing. Especially when they fly past you!!!

The plow trucks can't seem to keep up with the roads. It took me an hour and 15 min to get to Columbus from Franklin.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Bloomington, by my estimate, is sitting at 8 to 10" right now, and it's still snowing. It's almost like Northern Indiana where we got all the lake effect snow.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    It's not good!

I'm in Southport. My husky just went out to measure the snow for us. It's right up to his belly. The farther south you go, the worse it is, I hear. A buddy in Louisville just posted on another forum that they have heavy icing with lots of power lines and trees down. Could be a bad day in southern IN, too.

Good luck boys and girls.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Still trying to plow my way out of the driveway to go to work. I hate the snow. I despise the snow. I can't stand snow.

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    :rockwoot:to day is the 31st anniversary of the day after the blizzard of 78:rockwoot:

For those of you children, it was 100 times worse than today.

Back then we had to ride the bus through ten feet of snow, uphill (both ways) barefooted.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    and we LIKED IT :D

Yes and no. It is a bitter sweet memory. Got on of the worst whippings of my life during it though. We lived in a house trailer behind my elderly great grandma on the at the time. We had to tunnel literally out of the trailer, By the way that is the only time I remember that can being warm, I digress. Dad and I fired up the snowmobiles to go check on the family and neighbors. When we got back I drove over the trailer Mom was NOT happy about that.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Yes and no. It is a bitter sweet memory. Got on of the worst whippings of my life during it though. We lived in a house trailer behind my elderly great grandma on the at the time. We had to tunnel literally out of the trailer, By the way that is the only time I remember that can being warm, I digress. Dad and I fired up the snowmobiles to go check on the family and neighbors. When we got back I drove over the trailer Mom was NOT happy about that.

my folks had a side walkout basement... my brother and I tunneled through the snow it was a blast lol

good times....

Top Bottom