• ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I'm not scared of Obama.

Ah..... but you should be. Not of the man but his ideology. He is far more dangerous to this Republic than ANYONE who has held the office. That is an indisputable fact IMO.

There is a HUGE difference between someone with policies you might overwhelmingly disagree with, and someone who despises the country and form of government he is supposedly the leader of, and is hell bent on using the power of that office to dismantle it. Obama is a man with a VERY dangerous ideology. Call me what you want, insult me however you choose but, THAT is but one reason my main goal in November is to see Obama removed from office.

:twocents:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Reagan wasn't the Party "insider" when he won the nomination in 1980. He had a clear message that resonated with the vast majority of the country. As I recall, he took all but one State in the General Election. So, yeah, I think you're wrong in your assumption. Of course, Reagan had laid the groundwork for his selection by the Republicans in the previous twelve years, culminating in his failed run at the Presidential nomination in 1976 - where he lost to the Party "establishment" candidate, President Gerald Ford.

I'm not sure what the differences between Ron Paul and Ronald Reagan were, but Reagan wasn't called "The Great Communicator" for nothing. He had some clear goals and managed to articulate them and inspire Americans of all types with his vision of America and when the Democrat-controlled Congress tried to steamroll him, he went over their heads to the American people and got his famous tax cuts that started the country headed toward 20 years of prosperity, despite Congress' continued penchant for spending every cent they could get hold of. For whatever reason, Ron Paul hasn't managed that.

I agree with your appreciation of Reagan and the method of his success in office. I completely disagree with the notion that it is the responsibility of some future leader to use charismatic appeal to save the people from themselves. Ron Paul presented them with a great deal of truth and most of them don't care in the least so long as they are warm, dry, fed, and get laid once in a while. That isn't Ron's fault. It may well be that there was not enough support to carry a Ron Paul nomination, but that doesn't excuse the party for cheating. So far as I am concerned, ignoring rules, making up new rules as you go along, and refusing to seat delegates that had been won constitutes cheating. It is not Ron's fault that he didn't gather enough support to overwhelm the cheating by sheer numbers. People who are bringing me a rigged game can count on the complete absence of any support from me in November. If they want to act like Democrats, then so far as I am concerned, they can receive a Democrat's reward.

No, Anyone But Obama doesn't get it with me. I want to see a difference.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Ah..... but you should be. Not of the man but his ideology. He is far more dangerous to this Republic than ANYONE who has held the office. That is an indisputable fact IMO.

There is a HUGE difference between someone with policies you might overwhelmingly disagree with, and someone who despises the country and form of government he is supposedly the leader of, and is hell bent on using the power of that office to dismantle it. Obama is a man with a VERY dangerous ideology. Call me what you want, insult me however you choose but, THAT is but one reason my main goal in November is to see Obama removed from office.

:twocents:

I have absolutely no desire to insult you or your intelligence. I've met you IRL and think you're a very bright person. Just because we do not agree doesn't mean you are more or less intelligent than I. Our priorities just don't line up the same.

I don't fear any man or his policies or his ideaologies. I believe with all that I have that BHO is not in control, that anything that happens is part of the plan. Try as we might, this world will not be saved through our efforts but the intervention of the one truly in control of all things. It's hard to bring that aspect, which is very important to my values, into many discussions as I don't want to violate any forum rules.

This belief system shapes my political views as well. We are not meant to be enslaved physically, financially, or otherwise. The two party representatives aim to control what they can not and should not try to control.

No matter what happens, I refuse to live in fear. This house is not my home.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    I have absolutely no desire to insult you or your intelligence. I've met you IRL and think you're a very bright person. Just because we do not agree doesn't mean you are more or less intelligent than I. Our priorities just don't line up the same.

I don't fear any man or his policies or his ideaologies. I believe with all that I have that BHO is not in control, that anything that happens is part of the plan. Try as we might, this world will not be saved through our efforts but the intervention of the one truly in control of all things. It's hard to bring that aspect, which is very important to my values, into many discussions as I don't want to violate any forum rules.

This belief system shapes my political views as well. We are not meant to be enslaved physically, financially, or otherwise. The two party representatives aim to control what they can not and should not try to control.

No matter what happens, I refuse to live in fear. This house is not my home.

Sorry, yes I remember meeting you on the southside of Indy. I didn't mean to infer you were insulting me, or questioning my intelligence. That wasn't directed at you at all, just kind of a response to others who attempt it.

I understand about fearing no man as I know where YOU are coming from, we'll leave it there....:rolleyes:

Personally I believe it is far too late to expect to return to what we as a country once were. To "steal" a phrase, we have moved beyond the end of the beginning, we are at the beginning of the end. It is out of our control, and we must try to make the best of what is left.

Again, just my :twocents:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    While the presidency is obviously a high profile job I think it’s more than short sighted the think that the fate of the world lays on the shoulders of one person. There are two other branches of government that we need to be as equally concerned with. Change is coming, as Lugar wasn’t the only established GOP person to get handed his walking papers this time around.

To my way of thinking the idea that I owe my vote to the “R” party is such an insult. To anyone who has paid attention to the controversy of the “R” primary and all the cheap tricks the establishment has pulled to keep Paul from winning there is very little distinction between the “R” party or the “D” party. Where does the “R” party get the nerve to expect my vote after the way they have treated Ron Paul. They have shown me nothing but a immoral lust for power and I will not vote for that party line again.

It’s always the same old crap from the establishment sheep. I claim to want freedom, independence, and liberty, but I also want everyone to vote for my guy. Did any of the people here advocating that Paul fans vote for the likely winner vote for Obama last time around? Why wouldn’t you have voted for Obama last go around as he was clearly leading in all the polls and pretty well had it in the bag? Ok, so you had principle and voted for your guy instead of the likely winner, but now because you think your guy is owed my vote you get upset with me and others like me because I’m done walking the party line.

My predictions for November are that Obama will loose by a smaller margin than he had won but still a decisive victory. We’ll all wake up the next morning with a grade A d-bag as president and a first rate replacement d-bag all proud of himself and ready to be swore in. Romney will tell us all how stimulus money is ok if it’s got an “R” beside it and we’ll soon be looking at another war with Iran just so Romney can pad his ego and prove how tough he is to the world. Go ahead and vote for big government if you want to, but don’t tell me it’s the right thing to do just because it’s got an “R” by it’s name this around.

The sheep in this argument will get there way. Look at what happened in the Indiana primary with regards for Ron Paul supporters. It was a blow out in favor of Romney, and we’re in a “conservative” state despite having overwhelmingly voted for Obama in ’08. It’s a house of cards folks, and the BS has to stop. It’s a market correction that needs to happen and we as a nation have been putting it off for so long now that when the bandage comes off it’s going to be especially painful and we’ll have no body to blame but ourselves.

The name “republican” as a title in itself means nothing. Look at voting records. “R’s” vote for higher debt ceilings and bigger spending just like the “D’s” do.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    Let's just cut our noses off to spite our faces. Vote for Obama. That'll show that devious Republican party.

I agree that Paul should be getting some equal time here (heck, I voted for him in the primaries), but this is all the equivalent of throwing a hissy fit, not caring what the ramifications are. Those people may as well vote for Obama, because they're sure acting like the typical liberal. Out of the closets they come...

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Let's just cut our noses off to spite our faces. Vote for Obama. That'll show that devious Republican party.

I agree that Paul should be getting some equal time here (heck, I voted for him in the primaries), but this is all the equivalent of throwing a hissy fit, not caring what the ramifications are. Those people may as well vote for Obama, because they're sure acting like the typical liberal. Out of the closets they come...
    Wow. Insightful. I've certainly never heard this before. Definitely food for thought.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

How do you support your conclusion? If it were merely a matter of not getting my first choice, I would see merit to the argument. You could put Romney in a tanning booth for a couple of hours and it would be nearly impossible to tell the difference between the two. How is is cutting off one's nose to spite his own face to pursue a third alternative when the first two are only minor variations of each other?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

Honestly, the way I see it in that our nation is heading towards an economic collapse that I may as well rip the bandade off by voting for Obama rather than prolong the pain and pass that along to my kids. I could reason to vote for Obama knowing full well that he'll destroy everything this country was built on because it's coming regardless of who's in that office and the sooner we get it over with the sooner my children can start to build a life for themselves with liberty and justice for all.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    While the presidency is obviously a high profile job I think it’s more than short sighted the think that the fate of the world lays on the shoulders of one person. There are two other branches of government that we need to be as equally concerned with. Change is coming, as Lugar wasn’t the only established GOP person to get handed his walking papers this time around.

To my way of thinking the idea that I owe my vote to the “R” party is such an insult. To anyone who has paid attention to the controversy of the “R” primary and all the cheap tricks the establishment has pulled to keep Paul from winning there is very little distinction between the “R” party or the “D” party. Where does the “R” party get the nerve to expect my vote after the way they have treated Ron Paul. They have shown me nothing but a immoral lust for power and I will not vote for that party line again.

It’s always the same old crap from the establishment sheep. I claim to want freedom, independence, and liberty, but I also want everyone to vote for my guy. Did any of the people here advocating that Paul fans vote for the likely winner vote for Obama last time around? Why wouldn’t you have voted for Obama last go around as he was clearly leading in all the polls and pretty well had it in the bag? Ok, so you had principle and voted for your guy instead of the likely winner, but now because you think your guy is owed my vote you get upset with me and others like me because I’m done walking the party line.

My predictions for November are that Obama will loose by a smaller margin than he had won but still a decisive victory. We’ll all wake up the next morning with a grade A d-bag as president and a first rate replacement d-bag all proud of himself and ready to be swore in. Romney will tell us all how stimulus money is ok if it’s got an “R” beside it and we’ll soon be looking at another war with Iran just so Romney can pad his ego and prove how tough he is to the world. Go ahead and vote for big government if you want to, but don’t tell me it’s the right thing to do just because it’s got an “R” by it’s name this around.

The sheep in this argument will get there way. Look at what happened in the Indiana primary with regards for Ron Paul supporters. It was a blow out in favor of Romney, and we’re in a “conservative” state despite having overwhelmingly voted for Obama in ’08. It’s a house of cards folks, and the BS has to stop. It’s a market correction that needs to happen and we as a nation have been putting it off for so long now that when the bandage comes off it’s going to be especially painful and we’ll have no body to blame but ourselves.

The name “republican” as a title in itself means nothing. Look at voting records. “R’s” vote for higher debt ceilings and bigger spending just like the “D’s” do.

SO.... what you're saying is because I don't see things quite the same as you, and through study and thought have come to a different conclusion I am a mind controlled GOP robot sheep? REALLY? Is this drivel in some sort of playbook, or do you all just wing it?:n00b:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    SO.... what you're saying is because I don't see things quite the same as you, and through study and thought have come to a different conclusion I am a mind controlled GOP robot sheep? REALLY? Is this drivel in some sort of playbook, or do you all just wing it?:n00b:

No, my point is that whatever God you worship (if you do) could come down here and if he wasn't the parties establishment candidate that you wouldn't vote for him/her. At some point we have to be honest with ourselves about who we are. For me it makes my stomach feel sick and I consider puking at the thought of voting for Romney or Obama. For others like yourself you want the "R" or "D" to win just because one side is the good side and the other is just so inherently different and evil. That's gotten to where we are today and I'd like to thank you for continueing the visious cycle and doing something to help your country.

I used to vote straight line "R" every election and I take full responsibility for the mess that I've helped cause. I also consider this Nov. to be my last chance at a repentance because the house falls down.

Do whatever you can look back on and be proud of.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

It seems to me that the biggest hissy fit is being pitched by repubs upset that libertarian minded people refuse to vote Romney.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It seems to me that the biggest hissy fit is being pitched by repubs upset that libertarian minded people refuse to vote Romney.

Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner!!! (I would give rep, but the bad man won't let me)

I couldn't agree more. The liberty minded conservatives have gotten treated like crap throughout the entire primary race and now that it's over the establishment fan boys want us to be best friends forever like nothing ever happened. The "R" establishment made a mistake thinking that all the Paul / liberty fans were just going to get into bed with them once the arguement was all over.

R.G.Gray

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    No matter what we/you would like to see happen, the truth is, the race for president of this country, is between Romney and Obama period. A vote against Romney IS a vote for Obama. Sad but true. I don't want to think what 4 more years of Obama would do to this country.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    No, my point is that whatever God you worship (if you do) could come down here and if he wasn't the parties establishment candidate that you wouldn't vote for him/her. At some point we have to be honest with ourselves about who we are. For me it makes my stomach feel sick and I consider puking at the thought of voting for Romney or Obama. For others like yourself you want the "R" or "D" to win just because one side is the good side and the other is just so inherently different and evil. That's gotten to where we are today and I'd like to thank you for continueing the visious cycle and doing something to help your country.

I used to vote straight line "R" every election and I take full responsibility for the mess that I've helped cause. I also consider this Nov. to be my last chance at a repentance because the house falls down.

Do whatever you can look back on and be proud of.

First of all, we must get past this assumption that (speaking for myself) I choose to vote for someone because of what party they are in. What ever gave you or anyone else that idea? Again, speaking for myself I have decided that removing Obama from office is my first priority, it just so happens that of the potential candidates running against him Romney has the best chance of accomplishing that. The "R" has nothing to do with it. Again is this "party line" thing from some sort of playbook you all use?

As far as the coming collapse do you REALLY think what would rise from the ashes will be a representative republic full of liberty and justice for all?:rolleyes: PLEEZE..... you're smarter than that.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    No matter what we/you would like to see happen, the truth is, the race for president of this country, is between Romney and Obama period. A vote against Romney IS a vote for Obama. Sad but true. I don't want to think what 4 more years of Obama would do to this country.

Is this written into the Diebold software?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    First of all, we must get past this assumption that (speaking for myself) I choose to vote for someone because of what party they are in. What ever gave you or anyone else that idea? Again, speaking for myself I have decided that removing Obama from office is my first priority, it just so happens that of the potential candidates running against him Romney has the best chance of accomplishing that. The "R" has nothing to do with it. Again is this "party line" thing from some sort of playbook you all use?

As far as the coming collapse do you REALLY think what would rise from the ashes will be a representative republic full of liberty and justice for all?:rolleyes: PLEEZE..... you're smarter than that.

As long as the republic outlives me, what do I care? Damn my posterity, I won't be around to see them suffer.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The "R" has nothing to do with it. Again is this "party line" thing from some sort of playbook you all use? Then why does it seem that you think Ron Paul people owe their vote to to the GOP nom? If Obama is such an "anti-christ" type of figure in your mind why wouldn't you focus more or equally as much on the other two branches of government. Make sure that the president would become a lame duck regardless.

I don't think we'll rise from the ashes in a perfect world full of butterflies and unicorns. I think it'd likely resememble more of bitterness and regret, but it would be a fresh start to build something better than what was built the previous time.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't think we'll rise from the ashes in a perfect world full of butterflies and unicorns. I think it'd likely resememble more of bitterness and regret, but it would be a fresh start to build something better than what was built the previous time.

Chock full of property regulations to appease the republicans. Gotta ban those lawn weapons.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I wonder if the INGO meltdown of November 7th, 2012 will be more epic than the meltdown of November 5th, 2008.

Top Bottom