• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    Maybe so. But suicide is never the answer.

...apparently, in this case, it was.

If you knew the man, and you knew the state of his body, you'd expect nothing else from him.

Louis was a warrior - He lived life on his own terms, and faced death on his own terms.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Maybe so. But suicide is never the answer.
    Until your body is dying I don't think you can make that statement for someone else. It's a personal choice I think a person has the right to make for themselves in that kind of a circumstance. The only reason it's illegal is so that the health care system can milk suffering people and their families for every dime they can till they die.

Rest in Peace Sir!

gewehr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    I took a few classes with him, and was always amazed how he could pick up on the nuances of individual shooters. He never had a bit of ego, and was very approachable. RIP...

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I wish I could have afforded to take more of his classes but I am a better shooter for the amount of time I did get to spend with him. Rest in peace Louis and thank you for your contributions to so many of us.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I just wanted to pay my respects to the memory of Mr. Awerbuck. RIP Sir.

The MC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Franklin
    Always wanted to take one of his classes at the Boone County range but never did. He was respected by the best instructors which says a lot. Health wise the news must have been really serious.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Some details surrounding Louie' passing: Louis Awerbuck passes away.

I very much admired Louie, and in a thread full of his former students, I don't think I need to repeat why I think he was such an incredible instructor, a fact I have written about a few times in this forum. At this point, let me just say that he clearly saw much suffering in life -- probably in war. No one could emerge unscathed, usually badly, from that. He pulled himself forward somehow. I don't know how. If I had to guess, it was a tough, stubborn will. He lived and died on his own terms, whether the universe liked it or not.

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Sadly never got the chance to learn from him, but worked with many who did. All of them were already serious "gunfighters" and they all had nothing but respect and appreciation for his teaching. Peace be with you Mr. Awerbuck your life lives on in those your taught.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Some details surrounding Louie' passing: Louis Awerbuck passes away.

I very much admired Louie, and in a thread full of his former students, I don't think I need to repeat why I think he was such an incredible instructor, a fact I have written about a few times in this forum. At this point, let me just say that he clearly saw much suffering in life -- probably in war. No one could emerge unscathed, usually badly, from that. He pulled himself forward somehow. I don't know how. If I had to guess, it was a tough, stubborn will. He lived and died on his own terms, whether the universe liked it or not.

Only having known of the man for the last six years or so, I have no clue of his past history. Was his war experience extensive? He didn't seem like the type to push his own accomplishments which is probably why I haven't heard much about this.

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    RIP Louis. I did make the time and monetary effort to train with him several times. I agree he could identify your shooting issues and put you on the road to healing them. You will be sorely missed, my brother.

Top Bottom