• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Jolly Roger is great. When I used to go, I would try to drive to Fremont once and eat breakfast at Whitey's Diner. It is like no other restaurant where I ever ate breakfast. The sausage patty is so big, it gets its own plate! Sorry about the thread drift.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Congrats to those shooting successfully! Camp Perry National Matches is just a faint shadow of what it once was. I saw a photo of one line of 100 targets for the pistol matches. There used to be three, one hundred point ranges with a few relays. That being said, it's good to see that some people still attend. With the better facilities and weather I expect that the NRA National Matches at Camp Atterbury will end up being THE place to shoot.
    Perry has tradition, and with additional matches & rifles allowed, people are starting to come back. The CMP has opened up several new high power matches & allowing match rifles to shoot

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Perry has tradition, and with additional matches & rifles allowed, people are starting to come back. The CMP has opened up several new high power matches & allowing match rifles to shoot
    Those changes for the rifle shooters sound good. I was thinking mostly of pistol shooters who have a covered firing point with concrete pad to stand on. That being said, the e-targets for rifle shooters would seem to be a big draw. Pulling pit duty was never one of my favorite things to do.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Those changes for the rifle shooters sound good. I was thinking mostly of pistol shooters who have a covered firing point with concrete pad to stand on. That being said, the e-targets for rifle shooters would seem to be a big draw. Pulling pit duty was never one of my favorite things to do.
    I do not know the first thing about the pistol program. I'm a rifle guy.
    Yes to us rifle guys the changes are exciting....hopefully next year all electric targets.....pit duty sucks.....
    We went to all electric targets and we knocked 90 to 120 mins off a 2 relay 80 shot match

Last edited:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I pulled a 565-11X ...a little under my average, but good enough for a bronze....this was good enough for a15th in my division (tactical unlimited)
    I believe between the 3 divisions there were 500(ish) of us shooting this match
    Anyone else shoot RFS or at Perry this year?
    Nice shooting!
    I still would like to shoot rimfire sporter up at Perry. Was seriously practicing back around the 2009 time frame but never ended up going. A good friend of mine from North Carolina shoots pistol up there and I go up to visit on some years but unfortunately does not coincide with the Rimfire Sporter match. I did fire the Glock match last year and may shoot it again but definitely want to try the rimfire sporter before I get to old to get up off the ground!

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Nice shooting!
    I still would like to shoot rimfire sporter up at Perry. Was seriously practicing back around the 2009 time frame but never ended up going. A good friend of mine from North Carolina shoots pistol up there and I go up to visit on some years but unfortunately does not coincide with the Rimfire Sporter match. I did fire the Glock match last year and may shoot it again but definitely want to try the rimfire sporter before I get to old to get up off the ground!
    I tell ya, rimfire sporter has become my favorite match to shoot. ..... several years ago I took a group of noobs to Perry to "get their feet wet" by shooting this match. It was designed as a beginner match, I thought ahh no problem....this match has proven itself as a tough but fun match.
    If you wanna join us next year, please do. If your in North East Indiana come practice with us.
    I have spent the day getting "range reports " from my buddies at Camp Atterbury (NRA nationals) Mid-Range was today & Camp Perry (CMP national matches) next 3 days an 80 shot XTC (across the course) ..... I will go back and shoot the Mid-Range then Palma....I'm booked up this year I can't make it back until long distance

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I tell ya, rimfire sporter has become my favorite match to shoot. ..... several years ago I took a group of noobs to Perry to "get their feet wet" by shooting this match. It was designed as a beginner match, I thought ahh no problem....this match has proven itself as a tough but fun match.
    If you wanna join us next year, please do. If your in North East Indiana come practice with us.
    I may take you up on that for next year , I'm about 50 miles south of Ft. Wayne. I see you are listed at New Haven, used to go up when Sinclair Int. was there , hated when they were sold and moved out.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I may take you up on that for next year , I'm about 50 miles south of Ft. Wayne. I see you are listed at New Haven, used to go up when Sinclair Int. was there , hated when they were sold and moved out.
    Hope you do join us! We will shoot several practice matches and then off we go.....I currently am getting ready for the long distance matches...600 yard mid range & palma (800/900/1000 yards)

Top Bottom