• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I went to Camp Perry Ohio last weekend to shoot in the rimfire sporter match at the U.S. National Rifle &Pistol Matches.
    125 persons a relay, 4 relays....wow is that a lot of rimfire fun.
    I shot a 540-7x out of 600-60x if your into bullseye shooting, this is a fun match. I shot my trusty AR-22 with iron sights.

Aaron Kohler

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    That's a nice target system and I looked at it. Ultimately I ended up going with the NRL22 set since I'm shooting that series now and it allows for endless arrangements at many different ranges at the same time. It's KYL setup can have all four targets on either one or two stands...https://jcsteeltargets.configio.com...0?source=search&returncom=productlist&cid=429

At 1/2 the cost the "know your limits " setup is a deal..

AND it will really find out if you're a gambler on those last two circles. Miss the last one, lose your whole score, will make you think.

Especially if it's $5 gained for each hit.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I went to Camp Perry Ohio last weekend to shoot in the rimfire sporter match at the U.S. National Rifle &Pistol Matches.
    125 persons a relay, 4 relays....wow is that a lot of rimfire fun.
    I shot a 540-7x out of 600-60x if your into bullseye shooting, this is a fun match. I shot my trusty AR-22 with iron sights.

Aaron Kohler

But did you place? Is it divided by equipment levels?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Today I had a chance to sight in the Henry Golden Boy with the newly installed Leupold VX-Freedom 2-7x33 rimfire scope and follow up with my standard accuracy testing at 50 yards. The results are much better than expected and should improve further once I get a cheek riser/rest. The chin weld is doable, but does cause some neck strain after an extended range session. I am pleased with the Leupold scope.

Onto the results. Once again with this rifle, the top 3 were Aguila SV, CCI SV and Wolf Match Target. I accidentally shot the CCI with 6 shots instead of 5, so had I not done that the CCI probably would have came out on top again. I think with an actual cheek weld on the stock and a little more time with the rifle I could get a little closer to 1 moa accuracy out of it.

Aguila SV = 0.693"
    CCI SV = 0.774"
    Wolf Match Target = 0.975"

attachment.php

Interesting how similar the order of accuracy matches with the iron sights and the scope.

attachment.php

:wow:
    Thanks for taking the time to record and post all that: I love it! :thumbsup:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Most everything is set out and mags are loaded for a range trip tomorrow. I'll be practicing for Monday's NRL22 match.

25, 35, 50, 75 and 100 yards this time. Targets from 1/4" to 5". With a target as small as 2" at 100 yds I'll have to have my hold overs dead on.

It is truly fun for you to be taking us on your journey: can't wait to see the range pics!
    1/4 inch targets!!! :dunno:
    I think I'd better stop posting my 30' range pics before I'm banned. :)

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Just got back in from the range practicing for NRL22. I was mostly shooting small steel and a few paper targets from awkward positions but did manage to get a few good 5 shot groups in from the bench.

The two best from 50 yards and one at 100 yards...

jM2mdXl.jpg

6KTBLmp.jpg

fsIxBuN.jpg

All shot with SK Long Range Match ammo.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Just got back in from the range practicing for NRL22. I was mostly shooting small steel and a few paper targets from awkward positions but did manage to get a few good 5 shot groups in from the bench.

jM2mdXl.jpg

6KTBLmp.jpg

fsIxBuN.jpg

Your targets get me excited. I feel movement.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    But did you place? Is it divided by equipment levels?

No I did not place....I shot a 94% and that wasn't good enough to earn a medal (575 was were medals started)
    There are 3 classes "O" open sights , "T" telescope or apature sights, "Tac" tactical any rifle with a pistols grip or thumbhole stock. Rifles may not weigh more then 7 1/2 pounds, trigger may not be lighter then 3 pounds. No shooting coats or padded gloves, but an ordinary work glove may be used. Slings allowed, mat and spotting scopes permitted.
    from 50 yards you shoot prone & sitting (slow and rapid) from 25 yards you shoot offhand (slow and rapid)
    this match is for everyone regardless of there skill level. There are some local clubs that shoot this match momthly( check the CMP competition tracker web page)

Rimfire Sporter - Civilian Marksmanship Program

Aaron Kohler

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

jM2mdXl.jpg

6KTBLmp.jpg

fsIxBuN.jpg

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

jM2mdXl.jpg

6KTBLmp.jpg

fsIxBuN.jpg

Nicely done! :thumbsup:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Thanks all. As can be seen from the unmeasured groups, many are larger. I'd love to blame those on the gun or ammo but I have a high degree of confidence it's mostly me.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    No I did not place....I shot a 94% and that wasn't good enough to earn a medal (575 was were medals started)
    There are 3 classes "O" open sights , "T" telescope or apature sights, "Tac" tactical any rifle with a pistols grip or thumbhole stock. Rifles may not weigh more then 7 1/2 pounds, trigger may not be lighter then 3 pounds. No shooting coats or padded gloves, but an ordinary work glove may be used. Slings allowed, mat and spotting scopes permitted.
    from 50 yards you shoot prone & sitting (slow and rapid) from 25 yards you shoot offhand (slow and rapid)
    this match is for everyone regardless of there skill level. There are some local clubs that shoot this match momthly( check the CMP competition tracker web page)

Aaron Kohler

Kudos!

Did you happen to see INGO's own Rayne? She won one of her two ladies classes. Tactical I think.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Kudos!

Did you happen to see INGO's own Rayne? She won one of her two ladies classes. Tactical I think.

Thank you! I will shoot this match again,and I hope more of you try this one.

Did I see Rayne? I am sure I did.but with like 700 competitors it was not hard to miss anyone!....I missed the awards announcement, I was in side stuffing my face with food.....I will check the competition tracker to see who one what class.......congrads Rayne! I was the guy on 35 in relay 3 also shooting tactical

Aaron

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Thank you! I will shoot this match again,and I hope more of you try this one.

Did I see Rayne? I am sure I did.but with like 700 competitors it was not hard to miss anyone!....I missed the awards announcement, I was in side stuffing my face with food.....I will check the competition tracker to see who one what class.......congrads Rayne! I was the guy on 35 in relay 3 also shooting tactical

Aaron

Aaron,

Glad you got to compete at Camp Perry at the CMP Rimfire Sporter Nationals! You're absolutely spot-on, as it relates to a fun event for all. I encourage anyone to give it a try. The facility is fantastic and there is very little cost-of-entry. Very good value overall. You'll shoot along side excellent teen shooters and competitive military marksman...all on the same line. It's awesome!

I shot Relay 2 (Telescopic Class): 584 - 30x with a Ruger 10/22 (Volquartsen barrel) to earn a gold. I then shot Relay 3 (Open sight Class): 553 - 8x with a CZ455 and got a bronze. The first year I shot, I didn't earn any medals at all.

This is my third year to give it a go...and I'll definitely be back!

Darrell Hammer

Top Bottom