• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Memory says the Compact is made by S&W and the full size was made by Walther (Umarex). I may have those backwards.

I concur, having had the Compact and was going to buy the full size till I found out it wasn't made by S/W like the Compact is.
    Areoflyer is correct about Umarex, who also makes a few of the .22LRs that Colt, Walther and Beretta and others commission to do in their name.

allthumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2019
    NW, IN
    Great thread, I love shooting 22 revolvers, they're fun and cheap to shoot, I must also admit I hate cleaning the revolvers, with my ocd that is NO fun.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Memory says the Compact is made by S&W and the full size was made by Walther (Umarex). I may have those backwards.

I concur, having had the Compact and was going to buy the full size till I found out it wasn't made by S/W like the Compact is.
    Areoflyer is correct about Umarex, who also makes a few of the .22LRs that Colt, Walther and Beretta and others commission to do in their name.

you're both correct! walther/umarex make the full size (I have one) and they're serviced by smith and Wesson (I had to send mine back) walther/umarex also make the hk 22's (412-22 and mp5-22)

the compact is made and serviced by smith and Wesson!

mine runs like a top with my suppressor on it!. had to return it for them to replace the barrel, it would shoot low, and there was nothing I could do to get it on target, now it hits where I want it too!, love that pistol!

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Umarex makes a lot of 22s for people: S&W, HK, Colt, Walther, Beretta. There are probably others as well. The you add the confusion that Umarex build the S&W full-size, but S&W do the Compact. Walther builds the PPQ 22, but Umarex builds the P22 (which in itself is odd, as Umarex owns Walther).

It seems as if lately the Umarex built offerings haven’t garnered as many complaints as I’ve seen in the past. And the quality seems to be very product dependent. Some are perfect and nobody seems to have issues and then there’s the P22, which has had some horrific failures.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I picked it up this morning. It is the full size. Came with 3 mags and the original case. It has a manual safety which I can live with and a mag safety that I need to figure out how to deactivate. The mag release is set up for a lefty so I'll need to YouTube how to swap it.

I got it for a song so if I don't like it, I can always sell it. But I think my wife has taken claim to it already....

allthumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2019
    NW, IN
    I picked it up this morning. It is the full size. Came with 3 mags and the original case. It has a manual safety which I can live with and a mag safety that I need to figure out how to deactivate. The mag release is set up for a lefty so I'll need to YouTube how to swap it.

I got it for a song so if I don't like it, I can always sell it. But I think my wife has taken claim to it already....

Nice, I think your wife will like it, I'm sure mine is no safety, but that don't really matter I never use it for CC. I also like the fact that the grip is close to my M&P9

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I found the video on how to ditch the manual safety and the mag safety. The compact and full size are completely different in these regards. The compact is seems real easy for the mag safety. The full size......not so much.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Does pulling the mag disconnect help the triggers in the S&Ws?

I’m not sure I’ve even held one of the M&P 22s. Though the PPQ 22 has crossed my mind again of late and I’m not sure why.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Does pulling the mag disconnect help the triggers in the S&Ws?

I’m not sure I’ve even held one of the M&P 22s. Though the PPQ 22 has crossed my mind again of late and I’m not sure why.

I don't know. Since it's hammer fired, I think it has a pretty decent trigger. Way better than the center fire M & P I've tried.

I just hate to have a mag in when I dry fire it. Working the slide with an empty mag makes the slide lock back everytime.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I blame you Turbo! :)

I used the afternoon to dial in a couple scopes on the .22s. Ran about 150 rounds through them from 25 yards. This is probably the most .22 ammo I've gone through in the past 20 years.

2C797846-FDAC-49C0-B707-C05F9A23AADC_zpsubh9l2dq.jpg

8506E8EC-1D9D-4F1B-B9A4-F9216032E03B_zpsumdaousw.jpg

355CD868-B3EB-49A2-8FB0-817C9B700A37_zps16fj5ryt.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I blame you Turbo! :)

I used the afternoon to dial in a couple scopes on the .22s. Ran about 150 rounds through them from 25 yards. This is probably the most .22 ammo I've gone through in the past 20 years.

The ol' pump action is super cool!

I had a delivery yesterday that was his fault too. I can guarantee you I haven't shot that much 22 in 22 years!

5ca175ca270c58140b211d95d806f860.jpg

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The 597 is a decent little shooter now with the new trigger. The scope on it is junk, but it did ok. The mod 61 is a joy to shoot, now that I got the scope dialed in.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Off the current subject, but my Brownells bag showed up today! Should have time either tomorrow night or Saturday to throw the extractor and springs in the 10/22. Then hopefully off to the range on Sunday for a test.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom