• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Y'all are making me a bit crazy in my head. Just last night I got out my Mark III Target, which has a Halo charge ring on and began to handle it again (not shooting it), thinking I'd put it up for sale since it has not been used but maybe once, a few years back (about 100 or so rounds). Just sits there. My wife thought she may like it but, for some strange reason, she does not like shooting guns!

Now I cannot decide. Looking at all the cool pics and stories, well, giving me second thoughts.

:welcome: to the madness. The MkIIIs are a solid platform to start with.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    My Victory shoots everything I've tried well, but seems to like Federal AutoMatch and CCI SV the best. It also seems to run reasonably well with the cheap Federal Black Box stuff I got on Back Friday. The Ruger is more picky so far. It's run everything decent, but is starting to have feeding issues. I need to clean it well before I worry about it too much. For my Annie, it gets fed a steady diet of SK Standard Plus, which it loves. Great for killing lollipops :yesway:

Muwahahaha! Another true convert. :koolaid:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Anybody have any knowledge on the Savage-Anschutz Mark 10Bs?

Its a single shot and 64 action. I’ve been able to discern that much, but there isn’t a ton of internet chat on these models.

MrAverage

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Terre Haute
    I'll play. Here are my current rimfires, A Ruger Mark II, KMK514 and an Anschutz 1710D HB.

i9nbj-Cn-FRn6-F3z-Fj-L0-Am6g.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    oykdrn-YScuoeu-WUUBFsug.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    CCHj-Cxo-TRSABk3y36-Ep-A.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Neither are bad choices as long as they function and shoot well for you. It’s fun balancing the want for performance vs cost, isn’t it?
    After doing some research in other forums, I was reminded of something that bugged me about the Aguila. It has a waxy coating on the bullets and that caused feeding issues in the Buckmark I had due to the wax buildup on the tip of the bullet dragging on the inside of the magazine. I don't have that problem with it in the M&P 15-22 though.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    After doing some research in other forums, I was reminded of something that bugged me about the Aguila. It has a waxy coating on the bullets and that caused feeding issues in the Buckmark I had due to the wax buildup on the tip of the bullet dragging on the inside of the magazine. I don't have that problem with it in the M&P 15-22 though.

I ran into that with Geco ammo. They could make candles with the amount of wax on those.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I ran into that with Geco ammo. They could make candles with the amount of wax on those.
    Yes, I also had that issue with Geco, but it was fairly accurate though. Right before Sandy Hook I bought a case of Blazer .22 ammo, I think the whole batch in wax. I used to take a handful at a time in a towel and wipe it all off. That stuff will build up around the feed ramp on the barrel also.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    So, I accidentally put a bid on a s&w 622... I'm actually winning. Any info on these.

Silver aluminum frame, stainless slide. I had a 6” 422, I loved everything but the weight at the time. They are lighter than I like, but it shot great. It will occasionally spit hot residue during the ejection (it’s ammo dependent) and the ejection port is right over your hand. So if it does that, it lands on you. I’d get another one if I could get the 2206 (all stainless) at a price I’d be happy with. Awesome suppressor host.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_422

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Silver aluminum frame, stainless slide. I had a 6” 422, I loved everything but the weight at the time. They are lighter than I like, but it shot great. It will occasionally spit hot residue during the ejection (it’s ammo dependent) and the ejection port is right over your hand. So if it does that, it lands on you. I’d get another one if I could get the 2206 (all stainless) at a price I’d be happy with. Awesome suppressor host.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_422

Interesting, was really not I tending on bidding. I blame the bourbon ...err... I means Coors light... it's been sitting @$175 for a couple days. I'd be ok with that. Luckily the couch isn't too bad...

Top Bottom