• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You get the idea. I don't know about the plastic push pins, but lollipops explode in a nice cloud of powdered sugar which is quite enjoyable feedback... ;)
    Very true. For the few that can hit the stick... on purpose... :):

Be careful at MCF&G. There are certain people there who will have a cow over shooting a couple of lollipops.
    I only shoot them when no one else is around and make sure I police up all the wrappers and sticks so that there's no reason for anyone to have a conniption.
    I rarely shoot more than a half dozen or so at that range.
    Thankfully I know plenty of members of Hoosier Hills to invite me out for a day and who don't care if we shoot lollipops all day long.

Thanks for the heads-up! :thumbsup:
    I would not do it if it's a :nono: because of the:rules:.
    By the way, the word, "conniption," I haven't heard in 50-55 yrs.: Mom used to use that word! :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thanks for the heads-up! :thumbsup:
    I would not do it if it's a :nono: because of the:rules:.
    By the way, the word, "conniption," I haven't heard in 50-55 yrs.: Mom used to use that word! :)

I'm a voracious reader and therefore have lots of phrases and words stored up that might be considered, vintage... :):

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm a voracious reader and therefore have lots of phrases and words stored up that might be considered, vintage... :):

I also read alot starting when a teen & kept it up during my life.
    Therefore, my written vocabulary is greater than my FTF b/c I have time to let verbiage flood my mind.
    Writing is recreation for me, but undesirable on a forum where brevity is the premium.
    Sometimes I erase more than what I post, but you could never tell. :dunno:

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Very true. For the few that can hit the stick... on purpose... :):

Be careful at MCF&G. There are certain people there who will have a cow over shooting a couple of lollipops. I only shoot them when no one else is around and make sure I police up all the wrappers and sticks so that there's no reason for anyone to have a conniption. I rarely shoot more than a half dozen or so at that range. Thankfully I know plenty of members of Hoosier Hills to invite me out for a day and who don't care if we shoot lollipops all day long.

You must always remember that at MCFG, you are on 24/7 surveillance ... just because nobody is on the line and watching doesn't mean nobody is watching!

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I just got a TX-22 and for the first 450 rounds I loved it. Then it started throwing rounds where ever and key holing the target. Only took 12 minutes on the phone for Taurus to agree to send me a new barrel, but they are back ordered (I wonder why?). A barrel should last more than 450 rounds.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Therefore, my written vocabulary is greater than my FTF b/c I have time to let verbiage flood my mind.
    Writing is recreation for me, but undesirable on a forum where brevity is the premium.

I have a new appreciation for the delete/backspace keys. :laugh:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I remember some of the posts of old... ;)

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I’ve lucked out I think with my Taurus. Got it before the batch that had bad barrels I guess. It honestly is my second favorite 22 just slightly behind the ruger mk series but not far off. Hoping to do some Doddg like range shooting this weekend to see what accuracy looks like. Haven’t shot anything but 6 inch plates for about 6 months or so gonna set up some paper targets and see what happens

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I’ve lucked out I think with my Taurus.
    Got it before the batch that had bad barrels I guess. It honestly is my second favorite 22 just slightly behind the ruger mk series but not far off.
    Hoping to do some Doddg like range shooting this weekend to see what accuracy looks like.
    Haven’t shot anything but 6 inch plates for about 6 months or so gonna set up some paper targets and see what happens

I want pics of your best paper results. :)
    I'm going 3rd day in a row since I'm desperate to find any reasons to get out of the house.
    Can't wait until I can go to the outdoor range!

By the way, I notice you live in Shelbyville: I drove back from Point Blank yesterday going East until I ran into Shelbyville before I went Northwest to head back to Wanamaker.
    A nice convertible drive. :rockwoot:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Trying to decide if my cz455 should get the American style synth stock. Kinda dig the humpback beech but already got a couple safe dings. My OCD has me about ready to refinish it.....good thing its a little on the fat side to begin with.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I might dump it to fund a Browning Buckmark 5.5 Contour.

Decisions decisions.

Still have not gotten a good bbl on my POS 1022.
    Have not tested after mods or w the cheap no sights extra takeoff bbl I got from SAP.

Brownells still out of Gunkote

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I haven’t been to point blank to shoot in a few months. Actually dropped my membership since I can shoot for free around here when weather Decent. Have three or four free range times there form my purchases during the pandemic. Hoping to get up there to shoot paper if I can’t rig something up here. It is definitely a nice and easy drive from there to shelbyville. I’ll scroll back thru pics I’m sure i have a couple groupings from it from when I got it new.

I want pics of your best paper results. :)
    I'm going 3rd day in a row since I'm desperate to find any reasons to get out of the house.
    Can't wait until I can go to the outdoor range!

By the way, I notice you live in Shelbyville: I drove back from Point Blank yesterday going East until I ran into Shelbyville before I went Northwest to head back to Wanamaker.
    A nice convertible drive. :rockwoot:

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Scored 100-2x today. My best target score yet.
    FH2ijtC.jpg
    [/IMG]

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I haven’t been to point blank to shoot in a few months. Actually dropped my membership since I can shoot for free around here when weather Decent. Have three or four free range times there form my purchases during the pandemic. Hoping to get up there to shoot paper if I can’t rig something up here. It is definitely a nice and easy drive from there to shelbyville. I’ll scroll back thru pics I’m sure i have a couple groupings from it from when I got it new.

If you want to meet up there just pm me & I'll give you my cell number.
    I don't go on the weekend, my membership is M-F.
    You could shoot my Glock 44 & compare it to your TX & I could bring any number of other .22LR guns you'd be interested in shooting.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    pretty sure i have your number saved still. We can plan it out. Will be free all next week after five. Tried to go today at 630 but wouldn’t let me on. Range closes at seven now I guess. I tried lol. Here is a grouping from when I got tx22. View attachment 88231
    If you want to meet up there just pm me & I'll give you my cell number.
    I don't go on the weekend, my membership is M-F.
    You could shoot my Glock 44 & compare it to your TX & I could bring any number of other .22LR guns you'd be interested in shooting.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I might dump it to fund a Browning Buckmark 5.5 Contour.
    Decisions decisions.
    Still have not gotten a good bbl on my POS 1022.
    Have not tested after mods or w the cheap no sights extra takeoff bbl I got from SAP.
    Brownells still out of Gunkote

Is this what you're looking for?
    I saw the same thing locally for $18 more.

gyRsnm3.png

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    pretty sure i have your number saved still. We can plan it out. Will be free all next week after five. Tried to go today at 630 but wouldn’t let me on. Range closes at seven now I guess. I tried lol. Here is a grouping from when I got tx22. View attachment 88231

Excellent grouping. :thumbsup:
    I couldn't do that at 21', maybe 15'.
    I never go that late to P.B. b/c people start coming when I'm leaving at 3 or 3:30pm, especially on Friday.
    If you have to wait until after 5, I'd suggest as early in the week as possible.
    Only Mondays are out for me b/c I got to be home before 7 pm for a Zoom meeting & I live 25 minutes away.

Top Bottom