• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 812 rimfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2024
    Anyone using a bushnell match pro "non ed" wanting some opinions on it. Currently using a arken sh4j gen 2 but loosing faith in the optic from a quality perspective.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I use a Bushnell Engage but am interested in the Match Pro. Seems like a really good fit for .22

edit: I'd rather the Match Pro be in MOA...

Last edited:

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    That's my plan for the scope as well trying to decide between bushnell and vortex diamondback tactical

I have a 4-16x44 Diamondback Tactical and in side-by-side with the 4-16 and 6-24 SH4 Gen2 Arken, they're barely distinguishable in overall clarity. I'm aware that doesn't exactly translate... I have been very impressed with my Bushnell Engage, but it doesn't have the magnification to compete in contests. I bought it for the smaller size and weight as much as anything else.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I have this vortex on my bench rest 22 and feel it’s great for 50-100 yds +

Put a Arken SH4J 6-24 on my LR308 in mil as I wanted ffp and milrad for long distance and have had no issues shooting out to 600 yds so far.

I do not use either scope in very low light conditions although both have illuminated reticles. The Vortex has a slightly better eye box but they both seem comparable, hold zero, track and return to zero, are clear to my eye and do the job I ask of them. For the money I doubt you will find better for less than double the cost. They both suit me well.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I have an ED on my 6.5 CM and 2 non-EDs (non illuminated) on a couple of 22s. I also have a diamondback tactical on a .22 bolt action. All are good scopes. For a .22, the Match Pro (non-ED) is a great fit. The only reason I would give any advantage to the Vortex is for the warranty.

Top Bottom