• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I can't answer for the performance center, but for the Match Champion I'd say yes. Looking at Tombstone Tactical, there's about a $90 spread between the vanilla 4" GP100 and the MC.

I kind of wish I didn't check. Now I know this exists: https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/ruger/1774-gp100-revolver-357-mag-2-5in-7rd-stainless/

A 7 shot 2.5" GP100 with compact grips. Kinda want.

Out of curiosity, the above GP100 for the 640 or a 3” GP100 Wiley Clapp for 675?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    It'd make .38+P extremely controllable, plus allow for a hard cast penetrating load as your rural "walking the fence" gun....

ENABLING ENABLING ENABLING

I think that the S&W that my bud mcapo linked is a better looking revolver .... but it's only 2oz. lighter, yet $300 more expensive.

Why am I even thinking about this ? Enabler, for sure ! Ack ! :):

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I think that the S&W that my bud mcapo linked is a better looking revolver .... but it's only 2oz. lighter, yet $300 more expensive.

Why am I even thinking about this ? Enabler, for sure ! Ack ! :):

I'm going to screw around and spend money. I can just feel it coming. I want another N-frame, though. Model 25-5 or Model 28 is what I'm currently sniffing around for. Red insert front sight, combat hammer and trigger, wood grips...and a price that doesn't mandate I trade in an organ.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm going to screw around and spend money. I can just feel it coming. I want another N-frame, though. Model 25-5 or Model 28 is what I'm currently sniffing around for. Red insert front sight, combat hammer and trigger, wood grips...and a price that doesn't mandate I trade in an organ.

One of my most cherished possessions is a model 27 that I've owned since 1995 (2nd owner, bought it from a friend).
    An N frame really​ soaks up a 357 !

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    One of my most cherished possessions is a model 27 that I've owned since 1995 (2nd owner, bought it from a friend).
    An N frame really​ soaks up a 357 !
    I'm a BIG fan of the M27. You must post a pic of this bad boy. I had a chance to buy one a couple years ago at a very fair price, but let it go at the time because I'm more of a K-Frame fan, and that was a LOT of gun in the hand. I think about that missed opportunity often, what a beautiful beast it was!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Time to go see Indiucky.:lmfao:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    How is the finish on it? Is it like a cerakote to do the matte finish?

No, it's not a cerakote. It's called "Hawkeye Blue" and it's some sort of bluing and can be worn through. Early ones, including mine, had issues where the finish wore very quickly. I sent mine back in after a few months and they refinished it, no problems since. Cosmetics aside, if I wanted to carry one IWB much, I'd go with the stainless.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    No, it's not a cerakote. It's called "Hawkeye Blue" and it's some sort of bluing and can be worn through. Early ones, including mine, had issues where the finish wore very quickly. I sent mine back in after a few months and they refinished it, no problems since. Cosmetics aside, if I wanted to carry one IWB much, I'd go with the stainless.

Good to know! I’d prefer bluing over cerakote, was just curious how they did the matte part of it.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a trade offer (outside of INGO) that I’d like an opinion on.

I have a PPQ Navy + 250 rds of range ammo (S&B, Blazer) + $125 cash for a 4” GP100 Stainless + 94 rds of ammo (Gecko & Hornady) + Bianchi holster + 2 speed loaders. Does that sound fair?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm a BIG fan of the M27. You must post a pic of this bad boy. I had a chance to buy one a couple years ago at a very fair price, but let it go at the time because I'm more of a K-Frame fan, and that was a LOT of gun in the hand. I think about that missed opportunity often, what a beautiful beast it was!

I will do so, my friend ! I'll have to figure out the best way to frame it, because it has the long 8 3/8" barrel.

Top Bottom