• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    In the last two weeks I have had more requests to learn how to use a gun (handgun/shotgun) from people than I have had in the last two years. I don't know if it is the economic times, or concern, or my choosing to be more visible with gun stuff, but man it is swamping me. And I could not be happier!

And the strange thing is that it is coming from all corners: libertarians, liberals, conservatives, environmentalists, gays, you name it.

It has me wondering exactly why. Why now?

I understood the number of people who were suddenly interested right after Katrina. That was obvious. It sure kicked me back into motion!

But then all those years with heightened fear and some requests. But now, it is different. Maybe it is an upswing in crime? Or, maybe we are going from a politics of fear into a politics of panic? That is my current theory.

Who knows. But I feel like the guy in the woods standing still and watching all the animals from predator to prey all running past me and I am not sure why.

In any event, it means a lot more fun cause I get to get in more time at the range! :ar15:

LS!&*DUBB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I've thought about this issue. With the current instability in the world and the likely increase in armed robberies; I wonder if folks are coming to the conclusion that their safety is in jeopardy. Events may require a person to draw a firearm in defense and they would like to how to use that firearm effectively. Just a thought.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Thank you President Obama! You fixed MY economy! Because of your anti-gun views my business has increased 300%! I am now teaching handgun courses every weekend instead of just once a month!

And thank you sir for encouraging millions of Americans to purchase guns! There were over 55,000,000 NICS checks in February alone!

Hey... maybe this guy is not going to be so bad after all! ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Thank you President Obama! You fixed MY economy! Because of your anti-gun views my business has increased 300%! I am now teaching handgun courses every weekend instead of just once a month!

And thank you sir for encouraging millions of Americans to purchase guns! There were over 55,000,000 NICS checks in February alone!

Hey... maybe this guy is not going to be so bad after all! ;)

Do you know how many NICS checks happen in an average month? Or, if you have a link or statistic, I'd also wonder how many guns are sold in an average February.

Not doubting you, but please cite a source if you can, this is very interesting to me.

Thanks,
    Josh

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I have had the same issue with people wanting to learn to shoot. People knowing that I am a range junkie can make life really busy, since I cannot say no to someone that wants to learn.

Last edited:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    In the last two weeks I have had more requests to learn how to use a gun (handgun/shotgun) from people than I have had in the last two years. I don't know if it is the economic times, or concern, or my choosing to be more visible with gun stuff, but man it is swamping me. And I could not be happier!

And the strange thing is that it is coming from all corners: libertarians, liberals, conservatives, environmentalists, gays, you name it.

It has me wondering exactly why. Why now?

I understood the number of people who were suddenly interested right after Katrina. That was obvious. It sure kicked me back into motion!

But then all those years with heightened fear and some requests. But now, it is different. Maybe it is an upswing in crime? Or, maybe we are going from a politics of fear into a politics of panic? That is my current theory.

Who knows. But I feel like the guy in the woods standing still and watching all the animals from predator to prey all running past me and I am not sure why.

In any event, it means a lot more fun cause I get to get in more time at the range! :ar15:

Welcome to my world.:D Its been that way for me the last 4 months. Every week I am approached by some one new to shooting. Accutally I've picked up a few lesson for ammo gigs. Life is good.(not really but this lets me see the light at the end of tunnel)

Last edited:

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    Its not just here. My father moved to Kentucky and decided to get his carry permit. They have to take a class there. The instructor told him that last year he gave the class every six months and always had openings. This year he gives a class a week and there is a waiting list.

Top Bottom