• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    When you receive a reputation point/points/whatever, is it customary to give reps back to people, or does it not work that way? A few members have kindly left me some positive reputation and I dont wanna seem rude if i dont rep them back (and theyre all really helpful!)!

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I give reps for things I see that I appreciate. I don't expect rep back. I also don't give rep back, just because I received it for a liked post.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Rep is generally a one way street, though if someone gives me some good advice or something in their message I might consider repping them back.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    :scratch:

What is this rep thing you people are talking about?

I was on here for a couple months before I figured out what it was or how to give it. I just thought those people were being nice writing on my wall. I had no clue it meant anything.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    If your post is as kool as this you might get some rep;

82731770241336666866.jpeg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I give reps for things I see that I appreciate. I don't expect rep back. I also don't give rep back, just because I received it for a liked post.

Reps are meaningless. "Rep pyramids" are proof.

While I agree in principle with indyjoe, I will also say that it is probable that it will become a two-way street by virtue of it representing the meeting of two like-minded people, but it still is a matter of merit rather than reciprocity per se.

I will also agree that the whole rep pyramid thing cheapens it, but the other side of the coin is that when you see someone with 75 posts with an accumulation of rep you would expect with someone with 7500 posts, you can look up their previous posts, see they have been hanging out on the rep pyramid, and see that it is not earned rep.

Top Bottom