Republicans Sabotaging Their Own Supporters…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I don`t use "medical" definitions, I use biblical definitions. That`s all that matters. Human life begins at conception. Period. That "blob" of tissue is a human being with a soul, it`s own unique DNA, and as I stated before, is what it will grow to be; a human being.

Psalm 139:13-18​

King James Version​

13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
    14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
    15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
    16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
    17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
    18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
    Can you point out the word infant in there? Or the biblical definition of infant?
    Note to self; mention abortion to keep some from actually addressing the topic at hand and making legitimate arguments concerning that topic.

For the record, I agree that abortion is butchering babies or so close to it there is no difference. Solving the topic at hand goes a long way to solving the abortion problem. R's had full control a few times and did nothing to backtrack abortions. It is Them vs. Us.
    Baby works, it's simply a very young child. Infant is a more exact term.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Can you point out the word infant in there? Or the biblical definition of infant?

Baby works, it's simply a very young child. Infant is a more exact term.
    What that Scripture refers to is that the Lord knew each person before He created them, and had plans laid out for them, and their days numbered, before even their conception. And it`s intuitive that a human embryo is going to grow into a ...human. What may not be intuitive for some is that, that human embryo at conception has a soul, as well as it`s very own unique DNA. I`m not going to dance with you in the semantics game.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    What that Scripture refers to is that the Lord knew each person before He created them, and had plans laid out for them, and their days numbered, before even their conception. And it`s intuitive that a human embryo is going to grow into a ...human. What may not be intuitive for some is that, that human embryo at conception has a soul, as well as it`s very own unique DNA. I`m not going to dance with you in the semantics game.
    I can agree with you on all of that. But a fetus is not an infant by definition. Same as calling it an adult or toddler. It is a human. Baby would be valid as well.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    COC republicans have no tolerance for populism of any kind, even though it's the most energized part of the organization. Expect Mitt to be the standard bearer in 2024 and go down in defeat against Joe while the COC is congratulating itself at the counrty club.
    The establishment can’t stand populism on either end of the spectrum. The establishment democrats ****ed Burnie Sanders. The establishment Republicans, otherwise known as COC’s, ****ed Trump. It’s a power grab. Or rather a power panic, because of the threat to establishment plans.

Like why in the hell was Ukraine on the verge of war, a populist president takes over unexpectedly, and then 4 years later another establishment guy gets in and all of a sudden there’s another crisis in the Ukraine. Follow the money indeed. But WTF is their game exactly?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The establishment can’t stand populism on either end of the spectrum. The establishment democrats ****ed Burnie Sanders. The establishment Republicans, otherwise known as COC’s, ****ed Trump. It’s a power grab. Or rather a power panic, because of the threat to establishment plans.

Like why in the hell was Ukraine on the verge of war, a populist president takes over unexpectedly, and then 4 years later another establishment guy gets in and all of a sudden there’s another crisis in the Ukraine. Follow the money indeed. But WTF is their game exactly?

Good question, but I think it involves dollars and not nucs. I remember western leadership getting involved in Ukraine after the breakup and treating it like some sort of piggybank for the rich and powerful, you heard grumblings from the people going back as far as the Clintons.This was long before Hunter Biden so it seems little had changed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I feel ya bro, I’ve been saying this since Bob Dole was on the ticket. If we would have burnt down the rino part of the party then, shown them we mean business, we wouldn’t be in the predicament we’re in now. It’ll just keep getting worse and worse though, nobody has the stomach to burn their party down first.
    The “rino” faction is bigger.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well sure. But words mean things. Infant means the same thing in the bible that it means in the dictionary. So when you use the same word, it means what it means. And this sounds like what you meant to say was “future infant”. That would have covered it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My point exactly, it’s certainly bigger now than it was then, may have been able to be rooted out then, not so much now.
    Sorry to threadjack, now back to the abortion arguments.
    Nah. People lean conservative. But they’re not all that conservative. Name the last 7 Republican Presidents. Which were “real” conservatives. Or if you want, you could say “populists” since that seemed to be the subject.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Nah. People lean conservative. But they’re not all that conservative. Name the last 7 Republican Presidents. Which were “real” conservatives. Or if you want, you could say “populists” since that seemed to be the subject.
    Well that’s a can of worms. Depends on your measuring stick. Some would say Reagan was, and others would point to the growth of the national debt and say he wasn’t. Don’t even bring up FOPA. I think bumpstocks were already mentioned in this thread relative to our latest, people can’t agree on him either.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well that’s a can of worms. Depends on your measuring stick. Some would say Reagan was, and others would point to the growth of the national debt and say he wasn’t. Don’t even bring up FOPA. I think bumpstocks were already mentioned in this thread relative to our latest, people can’t agree on him either.
    Reagan started the slide towards socialized healthcare with free tax payer funded dialysis. :dunno:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yep, but at the time he was the greatest thing ever, oh, he was so conservative. Kinda like what I think about some more recent ones…

People liked him because of how he talked. One thing I've learned with age is that no average person cares about policy no matter how much they talk about it. They like how someone looks, acts, and talks.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All that to make the point that people aren’t so conservative. The term “RINO” is miss-applied. The party is owned by the establishment and is mostly filled with CoC types. If anything the anti-CoC’s are the RINOs, infiltrating the country club called the Grand ole Party. And republican voters keep putting them in power. The biggest CoC in Indiana won the governorship in a landslide because Indiana is mostly CoC friendly fudds.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    All that to make the point that people aren’t so conservative. The term “RINO” is miss-applied. The party is owned by the establishment and is mostly filled with CoC types. If anything the anti-CoC’s are the RINOs, infiltrating the country club called the Grand ole Party. And republican voters keep putting them in power. The biggest CoC in Indiana won the governorship in a landslide because Indiana is mostly CoC friendly fudds.
    I think there could be some assumptions, labeling, and generally putting people into a box there that is very hard to judge correctly, given the fact we have such a hard time seeing the forest for the trees, in the echo chambers we have built.

Republican in name only implies that true Republican is actually conservative, and these (rinos) are something else. I would assume we would agree that Republican no longer means conservative. Therefore, it may not matter your distinction between CoC and RINO, and possibly any other Republican. Anyone claiming to be Republican is suspect in my mind, they all have the ability to act the part to get elected.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think there could be some assumptions, labeling, and generally putting people into a box there that is very hard to judge correctly, given the fact we have such a hard time seeing the forest for the trees, in the echo chambers we have built.

Republican in name only implies that true Republican is actually conservative, and these (rinos) are something else. I would assume we would agree that Republican no longer means conservative. Therefore, it may not matter your distinction between CoC and RINO, and possibly any other Republican. Anyone claiming to be Republican is suspect in my mind, they all have the ability to act the part to get elected.
    I don’t think “Republican” ever meant conservative. Parties change priorities with ebbs and flow. Republicans were the progressives initially. Teddy Roosevelt was a Republican and progressive. I think as we start identifying with a party, we start projecting our own proclivities on the party. I just don’t see much evidence that the Republican Party is very conservative. They pay lip service to some traditional values. And I wouldn’t say they’re left of center. I think they’re mostly center-right. Basically what many would call RINO.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don’t think “Republican” ever meant conservative. Parties change priorities with ebbs and flow. Republicans were the progressives initially. Teddy Roosevelt was a Republican and progressive. I think as we start identifying with a party, we start projecting our own proclivities on the party. I just don’t see much evidence that the Republican Party is very conservative. They pay lip service to some traditional values. And I wouldn’t say they’re left of center. I think they’re mostly center-right. Basically what many would call RINO.
    Around the time of George Will/Barry Goldwater, Republicans were a proper subset of conservatives, largely based out of the country club or the marina. IMO they were pastel conservatives, mainly interested in supporting policies that strengthened their position as the upper class and/or increased their wealth. Believers in doing good by doing well. They would have been WASP through and through, especially old established mainline religions

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom