• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BkBulletCasting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wait... sizing machines don't count. :(

That's a lot of case feeders, but I want a machine recount.

All in all there are inbetween 90-100 star reloaders in the shop. A handful of phelps and 4 dillons. We run most all pistol cases through one of the two magma case master sizers. And we use dillion case collaters ontop the star presses (made a mounting bracket for them) We have been reloading on star presses for over 50 years and find them to be very reliable and consistent presses. If you're close by come in and take a look, we love having new people in the shop! There is another room as well that houses our bullet making equiptment. Ill try to get a couple pictures of that room with the casting molds and star lube sizers up sometime in the future.

Last edited:

swj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    Reloaders

looking into 12 ga realoders i have heard that MEC 650 is good, any suggestions ?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've gone BLUE!

IMG247.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Nice. But for going blue, I still see a lot of red there.

Well, I'm considering placing all the Lee stuff in the classifieds, but we'll see. I was amazed to load 10 rounds in about two minutes, just feeling my way througn. I won't be using the Lee much, but I'm not sure how dependable the Dillon stuff is. ;)

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Just getting started.

Just got my 550B on the seventh of July. I have only loaded and shot about 800 rounds of 9mm so far. I hope to start loading .45 ACP this week. No room for a dedicated reloading room so I had to set up in one end of the wood-shop. I had intended to have it mounted to my assembly table for reloading operation and only mount it on the stand when I needed it to be out of the way. As it turns out the stand is so sturdy and well anchored with about 120lbs of bullets in the ammo cans on the lower shelf that I have just left it there and made that my reloading bench. So far so good I still have all my guns and fingers! Thanks to Jim Harlan and Andrew! :)

Dillon550B025.jpg

MyDillon550B001.jpg

Brassbucket02.jpg

MyDillon550B007.jpg

Dillon550B036.jpg

Dillon550B052.jpg

Dillon550B040.jpg

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I can finally post in this thread!!! :rockwoot::rockwoot:

This is my future reloading room/workshop:

picture.php

Replacing some more plywood, adding rigid foam insulation, Tyvek, and vinyl siding down the road, and probably going with metal roofing, also going to re-level and put on proper foundation corner block supports...

8'x12', NO insulation at the moment, besides stuffed at the top of the walls to keep bees and such out (no soffet or fascia atm)...

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    OMG totally want a copy of that template you throw in the bag with the specs for the enclosed ammo.

Just got my 550B on the seventh of July. I have only loaded and shot about 800 rounds of 9mm so far. I hope to start loading .45 ACP this week. No room for a dedicated reloading room so I had to set up in one end of the wood-shop. I had intended to have it mounted to my assembly table for reloading operation and only mount it on the stand when I needed it to be out of the way. As it turns out the stand is so sturdy and well anchored with about 120lbs of bullets in the ammo cans on the lower shelf that I have just left it there and made that my reloading bench. So far so good I still have all my guns and fingers! Thanks to Jim Harlan and Andrew! :)

Dillon550B025.jpg

MyDillon550B001.jpg

Brassbucket02.jpg

MyDillon550B007.jpg

Dillon550B036.jpg

Dillon550B052.jpg

Dillon550B040.jpg

aka-kesler

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Just spent 10 hours cleaning and reorganizing my reloading room. So tired, but worth the time. It's so nice having a clean room.

Anyone have pics of their reloading room? I'd like to see..

A few things have changed in three months - I got my Dillon back from my buddy, and a bit more gear too.

Then -
    2nvfi1z.jpg

Now -
    2ywsmlw.jpg

Then -
    10gyc94.jpg

Now -
    30lnoxy.jpg

Then-
    bfm2ig.jpg

Now -
    2je75zp.jpg
    Such a nice set-up!!! you are very fortunate!!!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Vince, I see a few items that I need to get for my equipment. Your setup looks very nice. I'm enjoying the 550B, but now I have nothing left to reload. :D I guess I need to find .357 dies, so I can load the 1,000 rounds I bought last year.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Thanks Que!

Vince, I see a few items that I need to get for my equipment. Your setup looks very nice. I'm enjoying the 550B, but now I have nothing left to reload. :D I guess I need to find .357 dies, so I can load the 1,000 rounds I bought last year.

Go for it! Andrew has the dies or can get them super fast. I enjoyed our little visit at MCF&G the other day and very much appreciate the video you made. :) I do have that woodworking shop that you see all around my Dillon so if we need to make anything for your reloading room please send me a PM or just come on over to the shop and we will,"git'er done"!

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Mine's pretty busy right now, but here it is in it's messy state. Running some 300 WM, so the big boys are shelved at the moment.

attachment.php

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    There are some excellent looking reload rooms. I'm considering reloading and now have a starting point as to the set up. Thanks for posting.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I've been using a 2' x 4' bench for years. I kept saying that I was going to build a new one but the old one worked so I just kept putting up with it. After recently buying a Dillon 650 and having it bolted to one of my main work benches it was time to build a new one finally. I went with one of my quick & dirty work bench designs that work well for this type of stuff. I used the shelving unit from the old bench as I wanted time on the new bench before deciding what new features to incorporate into the new shelves. This one is 25" x 8'. I will be making a rack for holding the case feed discs & primer tubes for sure. My turret is mounted to plywood and the plywood has mounting holes that are the same as the Grabber shot shell press so they can be changed out by removing 4 nuts. I haven't installed the bolts on it yet as I'm checking the machine spacing before final mounting. I still have a ton of stuff to move from the old loading area but I was wooped and called it a day.

001-2.jpg

Top Bottom