• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Back when everyone on here was all about going in and buying SB because they were 2A compliant, I was very supportive of them. Since then, the local manager made it pretty clear that his superiors were not interested in supporting local business and not considering using my cleaning service--never mind that their floors were/are hideous. I do not support them.

Frankly, I don't support very many box stores because of that. These corporately owned leeches are most happy to come to an area & run out the independent mom/pop locations. They will gladly take the local money, but heaven forbid support the local economy aside from providing a few minimum wage jobs.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Not to stir up a lot of nonsense here...but...I've been watching and reading this thread for the past few days with great interest.

OP - Either you are talking about a different Starbucks or you are completely full of crap and really should be ashamed of starting this thread. But since you clearly stated in another post:

The store on Pendleton Pike across from WalMart in Lawrence.

I think you are the latter.

The manager of that store - and the only female manager they have there currently - is the wife of one of my long time friends and colleagues and I've known both of them for almost 30 years. H (to use only the first initial of her name) has worked for Starbucks at that location for over 5 years and you stated that you talked to her in your post.

That would have been rather difficult since she has not been at work for going on 2 weeks due to a recent surgery and she certainly wasn't working at the time you claim that this happened.

Furthermore, she tells me that they are completely ambivalent to anyone carrying, open or concealed, unless you come in and start handling a firearm in a dangerous manner or do something else completely stupid. And so far as the police not being welcome there, she says they serve police from IMPD, Lawrence, Marion County and State and other departments all the time and have zero issues with them coming into the store.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How does your friend feel about firearms in their establishments? Either OC or CC?

Oh, and tell them they should add a coffee pot.

Considering he is a gun guy I will have to ask. I CC there every visit. Never asked him.

In the hood on west 16th where the original store is I am not sure they would appreciate an AR slung on the shoulder......The woman would most likely freak out.........:):

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Not to stir up a lot of nonsense here...but...I've been watching and reading this thread for the past few days with great interest.

OP - Either you are talking about a different Starbucks or you are completely full of crap and really should be ashamed of starting this thread. But since you clearly stated in another post:

The manager of that store - and the only female manager they have there currently - is the wife of one of my long time friends and colleagues and I've known both of them for almost 30 years. H (to use only the first initial of her name) has worked for Starbucks at that location for over 5 years and you stated that you talked to her in your post.

That would have been rather difficult since she has not been at work for going on 2 weeks due to a recent surgery and she certainly wasn't working at the time you claim that this happened.

Furthermore, she tells me that they are completely ambivalent to anyone carrying, open or concealed, unless you come in and start handling a firearm in a dangerous manner or do something else completely stupid. And so far as the police not being welcome there, she says they serve police from IMPD, Lawrence, Marion County and State and other departments all the time and have zero issues with them coming into the store.
    [video=youtube_share;whytAReStUQ]http://youtu.be/whytAReStUQ[/video]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Back when everyone on here was all about going in and buying SB because they were 2A compliant, I was very supportive of them. Since then, the local manager made it pretty clear that his superiors were not interested in supporting local business and not considering using my cleaning service--never mind that their floors were/are hideous. I do not support them.

Frankly, I don't support very many box stores because of that. These corporately owned leeches are most happy to come to an area & run out the independent mom/pop locations. They will gladly take the local money, but heaven forbid support the local economy aside from providing a few minimum wage jobs.

Interesting. Werent they one of the feel-good companies several years ago that made big announcements that they were starting to buy local when they could? If so, looks like another one of their "on paper only" policies. I recall several big box companies that stated they were doing that to help be good neighbors.

:popcorn:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Al's Donuts in Plainfield used to rival Long's. They are still better than most, though quality has certainly declined under the new ownership.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    th

Top Bottom