• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My point is that it’s better to have an organization that demonstrates transparency and adherence to the goals of its members versus enriching its leadership with money, expensive vacation/travel junkets and buying clothes for the guys at the top. And perhaps New York’s actions may have helped pushed the NRA in that direction.

Not following what 2017 has to do with anything, although in the last 7 years constitutional carry has certainly expanded as well as total gun ownership, so there have been successes in spite of the NRA’s issues. Getting rid of Wayne and electing less beholden leaders can’t change things instantly, but it’s a hopeful start that may do so over time.
    Do you think Bob Mendez is an anomaly?

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Underway? I hope so but I will wait and see. Adding 5 good active board members will help but there are still a lot of the old guard left in place. Only time will tell.

jstaylor62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2019
    Moore
    Underway? I hope so but I will wait and see. Adding 5 good active board members will help but there are still a lot of the old guard left in place. Only time will tell.
    The election of the 5 sent a signal that reform was the message from the members. As a result, the reformers were elected to 3 of the top 4 positions in the NRA. And, it caused Charles Cotton to lose his power and control. The old guard is on the run!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Press release from NRA-ILA concerning changes. Chief Compliance Officer is a great step.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Press release from NRA-ILA concerning changes. Chief Compliance Officer is a great step.

Kelly, what do you think of Kozuch? Hamlin?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Kelly, what do you think of Kozuch? Hamlin?
    Kozuch replaced Jason Wiemay over a year ago, not sure the deal. My ILA POC has no problem with him.

Hamlin came out of publishing and has an impressive resume in the area. Ran big things before.

Maybe a behind the scenes CEO, don’t picture Bob Barr as the face of NRA since he was behind the scenes working with Newt Gingrich back in the day.

I recognized the 2nd VP name, I think he took out a murderer in a packing plant in Oklahoma several years back.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Local news carried that story (I assume). Said Wayne is out for 10 years. Meaningless since he is gone and I doubt the NRA would have any interest in bringing him back. Also said judge denied having a state monitor.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    But the success emboldened previously quiet Board Members to now speak out against what had been frustrating them for years.
    I'm sure this is true for some BOD members but, like all good political types, these guys can read the political winds. Wayne had the board locked up with his cronies. Some, perhaps most, will slither into new positions publicly yet continue to scheme for personal wealth.

I'm one of the 1.5m members that left NRA due to corruption. Hamlin's video appeals to people like me to 'come home'. I will happily rejoin and restart contributions when I see concrete action. They're off to a good start.

Several other gun groups have grown and are doing a great job in the courts while USCCA offers solid training programs. But, in my opinion, NRA's most important work was in the federal legislature. No other group comes close to having the clout the NRA had (and still does to a lesser extent). This is why we need the NRA.

Top Bottom