• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstaylor62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2019
    Moore
    The strategy of "bullet voting" for NRA Board of Directors was successful and all 5 of the reform candidates were elected. 5 new reform Board Members out of 75 doesn't sound like much of an influence. But the success emboldened previously quiet Board Members to now speak out against what had been frustrating them for years.

As a result, at the Board of Directors Meeting today in Dallas, reform candidates were elected into the majority of leadership positions!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Dup

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Any word on how Craig Haggard and Jim Tomes voted at the Board of Directors Meeting?
    I’m waiting to hear back from my inside source. Hopefully he has first hand info from Monday board members only meeting.

If I was the acting EVP/CEO who has 2 jobs now? I’d be wanting them to hurry up.

jstaylor62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2019
    Moore
    I’m waiting to hear back from my inside source. Hopefully he has first hand info from Monday board members only meeting.

If I was the acting EVP/CEO who has 2 jobs now? I’d be wanting them to hurry up.
    Appearantly, there was quite the argument to vote and keep the BOD Meeting open to members. I wish I had known that was a possibility because I would have stayed in Dallas to watch.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I hope they follow through and get things on mission. They can still be the best block against the gun grabbers.
    Think of the irony that NY state’s legal team attacking the NRA helped eliminate some of the organization’s corruption and may have assisted in transforming it into a better pro-gun activist organization overall. Never would have expected to see that!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Think of the irony that NY state’s legal team attacking the NRA helped eliminate some of the organization’s corruption and may have assisted in transforming it into a better pro-gun activist organization overall. Never would have expected to see that!
    Do you think the anti-gun organizations and anti-gun politicians fear the NRA more today than they did in 2017? If so why and based on what evidence? What is “better pro-gun activist organization overall“ today than in 2017?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Do you think the anti-gun organizations and anti-gun politicians fear the NRA more today than they did in 2017? If so why and based on what evidence? What is “better pro-gun activist organization overall“ today than in 2017?
    I don't think they actually feared them at either date.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't think they actually feared them at either date.
    You can certainly believe that, and if I believed similarly I would not support them. For not fearing them the anti’s sure do spend a lot of political capital on countering the NRA. Politicians sure seemed to care a lot about their NRA ratings back then, but much less now.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    You can certainly believe that, and if I believed similarly I would not support them. For not fearing them the anti’s sure do spend a lot of political capital on countering the NRA. Politicians sure seemed to care a lot about their NRA ratings back then, but much less now.
    How many high ranking NRA officials have had lunch or dinners with politicians?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What political capital? If they spent it, they wouldn't have it anymore. The NRA is simply their boogey man to stir up the base with.

Did the ratings ever really mean anything useful? It seems like there were A rated politicians that did little in favor of the 2A.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    My point is that it’s better to have an organization that demonstrates transparency and adherence to the goals of its members versus enriching its leadership with money, expensive vacation/travel junkets and buying clothes for the guys at the top. And perhaps New York’s actions may have helped pushed the NRA in that direction.

Not following what 2017 has to do with anything, although in the last 7 years constitutional carry has certainly expanded as well as total gun ownership, so there have been successes in spite of the NRA’s issues. Getting rid of Wayne and electing less beholden leaders can’t change things instantly, but it’s a hopeful start that may do so over time.

Top Bottom