• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SINK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Hi,

I am planning on going down to Red Bird this Saturday to take the jeep wheeling. This will be my first time down there. Just curious if anyone has been and how good the trails are for jeeps.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Red bird is one of my favorite Indiana off road parks. That being said I don't have alot to compare to with my Jeep but it is alot of fun! It can have some challenging trails but it is fun. What is your jeep set up and are you going with a group?

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    It's been a couple years since I've been there (on my quad) so I can't offer much on current conditions. I did see one jeep over the weekend on a trailer that did not have any mud on it. Thought that was unusual but the last time we had rain come through here was last Tuesday. Figure in no rain for 6 weeks before that.

SINK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    I have a pretty capable Jeep. It is an 88 Wrangler. It has an AMC 304, AX-15 Trans and the standard t-case with slip yoke eliminator. It has a spring over axle lift plus two inch lift springs on top of that. It also has a 2 inch body lift. All this is netting me about ten inches of lift. The motor Trans and t-case all have a two inch lift on them as well to tuck it better up in the frame. It has full belly skid plate. It has a Detroit locker in back and an ox locker up front. I am running 4:56 gears with chrome molly axle shafts. It also has a high steering kit on it. I am also running 14.50x35 Nitto Mud grapplers. It is set up for some serious wheelin.

My main concern is how tight are the trails? I don’t mind mechanical breakage but I hate body damage. That probably stems from hating to do body work oddly enough. :):Are the majority of the trails ok for Jeeps?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've been to Redbird SRA a lot. Just went a few weeks ago! You missed the INGO Run-n-Gun.

The trails are definitely Jeep trails. Full-size trucks find it very tight. Your Jeep should fit fine. It has been a VERY dry year down there, so the mud is all but dry. Any other time, it is very muddy. Trails range from easy/moderate (Trail #1, the power line, and most of 14), to extreme (Trail 4, 27, and the off-shoots of #1). Lots of moderate stuff, though. You can usually avoid body damage. The dry conditions have certainly made things easier. If it is wet, some spots become, well, ....... fun! Your Jeep sounds set up about right for the place.

I really suggest going with someone, or meeting up with a group. There are typically a few guys down there. Have a good time! Wish I could go, but the CJ is off-line for some winter projects.

Top Bottom