• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    You make a good argument sir. After spending some time online watching reviews reading articles etc and thinking about what you said. I've very much in the way of buying and converting a Saiga. And I live in Greenfield so Indy wouldn't be too far a drive. I wonder about the .223 Saiga rifles. I mean if the SHTF then .223 ammo won't be hard to "scavenge". But I have yet to shoot a .223 and I don't know what mags the .223 Saiga rifle takes. But I guess it's an option.

The issue with the 223 is mags and ammo. Mags being hard to come by and ammo being not as cheap for me make it undesirable . 5.45 you have the issue of finding mags but the ammo is super cheap. 7.62 you can find mags and ammo all day long for cheaper than 223.

Salty Possum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    The issue with the 223 is mags and ammo. Mags being hard to come by and ammo being not as cheap for me make it undesirable . 5.45 you have the issue of finding mags but the ammo is super cheap. 7.62 you can find mags and ammo all day long for cheaper than 223.
    Very true. I prefer 7.62 anyway it's a better round and like you said cheap and finding mags is super easy. I love dem Russian rounds.

Top Bottom