• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    My Mark II has a scope that might be considered "overkill" by some. I installed a Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25 x 50mm Long Range Tactical with front focal plane. It's a nice concept, but now I need to add a 20 MOA base to shoot out beyond 300 yards. Those CCI Standard Velocity rounds moving at 1070 fps sink like a rock out past 300 yards.

The scope was laying around after I installed Nightforce scopes on 3 of my 1,000 yard bench rifles.

wait till you try them at 500;). i defintally do not think your scope is overkill. alot of folks confuse 22lr scopes. the purpose of a scope plays a much much much bigger factor in scope selection than caliber. there are a few calibers out there that play a big part but most of the decision revolves around what your going to do with it.

i have a vortex pst 4-16 ffp/moa on my target 22lr and a crossfire2 on my 10-22. the 10-22 is a squirrel rifle and i dont ask much of it outside of 50-75 yards. my target rifle i ask more of than i do out of my 260. my 260 shoots 1000 yards so i need to be able to dial about 28 moa up and back to zero with perfect tracking. but with my 22lr 28 moa doesnt even come close to covering the range i require it to track perfectly at.

the glass on my 260 is better than the glass on my 22lr because even though i require alot of dialing i dont require hd glass at 500 yards.

morel of the story just because its a 22lr does not mean quility optics is not needed

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    For anyone who is confused, I am Midge's fiance that received such an awesome gift.

So I ended up getting a Nikon Prostaff 2-7x32 with Burris rings. I got a lot of strong recommendations for the Prostaff line, and went ahead and made the jump

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    So I ended up getting a Nikon Prostaff 2-7x32 with Burris rings. I got a lot of strong recommendations for the Prostaff line, and went ahead and made the jump

Hope the Nikon serves you well. I have had a 2-7x on my ML for years and never had a problem with it holding zero or the quality of the glass.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Hope the Nikon serves you well. I have had a 2-7x on my ML for years and never had a problem with it holding zero or the quality of the glass.

Nikon makes good glass. They have a lesser quality line but lesser is relative in this case. With 2-7 as a power range you'll not have to worry much about parallax which is my only beef with Nikon's higher end A/O scopes. They won't focus closer than 50 yds. Their Buckmaster 6-18 side focus would be a great .22 starter scope if it only focused closer.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom