• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    My EDC is a Nebo Redline. You can find my review of it in the reviews section.

They now have an updated version. I have seen it, and played with it for about a minute at the store but have not bought one to use and review.

As long as I keep it with 3 fresh AAAs every few months, it's been great.

Oh, and ~$20.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The LX2 is an awesome light. My personal favorite is the E2D LED. I love the duel switch, and the crenelated strike bezel makes for a real nasty touch if your ever in a defensive situation.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Thanks. Been looking at that one. How would you compare this to the P2X Fury? Is it worth the extra $30-40?

Also, what do you guys do about batteries? Large stash? Rechargables (what type)?

I've got one. It's an awesome light and incredibly bright. The one thing I don't like is the body of it isn't checkered, and the finger grooves don't fit my hand.

I buy mine in bulk from , usually for around a $1 a piece.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The LX2 is an awesome light. My personal favorite is the E2D LED. I love the duel switch, and the crenelated strike bezel makes for a real nasty touch if your ever in a defensive situation.

I carry an E2D in my work pants. I do like how the tail cap is protected. My only real criticism is the clicky tail cap and that the clip does not allow bevel down. As far as the "strike bevel", I could take or leave. Biggest problem is the light looks weaponized.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Anyone out there that would scream "NO! Choose XYZ instead!"? With all the fanboyism in the gun community, surely there's someone out there who can say, "Surefire is ridiculous... they're ugly and go kaboom when you pull the trigger--uh, I mean turn them on. You ought to own a blah-di-blah."

I can't say anything bad about Surefire lights (I do have one that I rarely use...it's attached to something or another), but I will say that I really like my Fenix lights...never had a problem with my CR123 powered version (PD30R2) or my AA (TD20). Also, they are a helluva lot cheaper.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    [/I]

:ugh: How did this happen to me? I have become that which I hate, the ever dreaded title of fan boy. Before INGO I was satisfied, happy in my little world. Now I own not one but two surefires and not one but two glocks. Funny thing is they are tools that just work. At least I haven't bought any 5.11 gear and I don't have a poster of Yeager on my wall yet.

FIFY :laugh:

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Am I the only one struggling with the thought of a $150 flashlight?
    I know more lumens, or nits, brightness... is directly proportional to cost in all lighted devices, but is it really $150 worth? Does is floss my teeth too?

What make these high end lights so "great" and worth the cost to so many?
    I see a few posts about lower priced alternatives, but not any feedback on them.
    Is it just about light output and compactness?
    I mean, my mag 3 cell lights up some shiznit and i could beat a gorilla to death with it, but it ain't going in my pocket.
    Don't be flamin' on the flashlight newbie, i'm just looking to be educated.
    -d

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

Not at all! It wasn't until after I took a flashlight combatives course that I bit the bullet and made the purchase-- then I fully understood its value.

I know more lumens, or nits, brightness... is directly proportional to cost in all lighted devices, but is it really $150 worth?

Not exactly. In fact, the most expensive lights are rarely the brightest.

For me there was no other light on the market that possessed the features I was looking for in one package. Things like ruggedness, a tailcap non-clicky tailswitch, big enough to strike with, small enough to pocket carry, and a company with stand-up customer service.

Nope, there are LOTS of factors to consider.

I mean, my mag 3 cell lights up some shiznit and i could beat a gorilla to death with it, but it ain't going in my pocket.

Exactly. Most times we compromise to get what we want. With the LX2 I don't feel like I'm compromising anything.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    i bought one of these, and after using it to tear apart my truck, to checking fire extinguishers at work, to spotlighting deer in the fields at night (and no i wasn't shooting at them.. i was staring at racks. ), it has been the most productive 25 dollar flashlight i have owned.
    NEBO_REDLINE_LED_flashlight.jpg

well over 10 hours solid runtime. no dimming that is noticeable. the 220 lumens is BRIGHT. dont tell anyone, but i actually gave myself a headache after hitting myself in the eye with the beam of holy terror.

it's 25 bucks. why not have one to throw in the console or glovebox? keep the surefire put away for when it gets "real"

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I know more lumens, or nits, brightness... is directly proportional to cost in all lighted devices, but is it really $150 worth? Does is floss my teeth too?

I see a few posts about lower priced alternatives, but not any feedback on them.
    Don't be flamin' on the flashlight newbie, i'm just looking to be educated.
    -d

No flame here, that is a valid question. For me it is about overall quality and sturdiness in construction. I have a SureFire that I dropped bezel first onto my concrete sidewalk. Hit hard enough to bend the edge of the bezel and chip the concrete. Light still works with no problems and I am sure that my MagLights would not have survived. How about warranty? I have never had a problem with my SureFires, but I am told the company stands behind their product and the warranty is excellent. How about the light beam itself? There is really no comparison in the type of light provided by my LED mag lights and the SureFires. Very clean, white, focused light. A person really has to experience it to appreciate the difference. When choosing a defensive light think of it as just another tool. It has to work when you need it and work every time.

As far as lower cost alternatives, take a look at StreamLight products. I have a couple of their weapon mounted lights on pistols. I am equally impressed with their handheld lights. I would say they are 85% of a SureFire at 1/3 the cost. If I were buying a backup light or recommending a first light to a person it would be a StreamLight.

In that really affordable category consider Nebo. I have owned a couple of their lights. One even went into the ocean with me when I sort of fell off of and got run over by a boat. The little $10 Nebo survived the dunk. I ended up giving it to a friend as sort of a first light for him to carry. Eventually the switch went out and the plastic bezel gave way.

waldron1305

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Shelbyville
    I have 2 fenix tk-15s. they are 337 max lumens but have 3 lesser power settings and a strobe feature. it projects further and brighter than my 4-d led maglight. its awesome. and in your -150 budget you can nearly buy 2. takes 2-cr123 batteries, and is small for an everyday carry with a pocket clip. they have them at the gunshow at the flashlight stand for like $80. hope this helps.

Top Bottom