• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Ok, to bump this thread. The house passed the it Laws, Acts, and Legislation
    But I can't seem to find if the senate has looked at it or even voted on it yet. Anybody heard anything yet?

I checked the website that tracks Ohio bills within the past two weeks and it still said it's just passed in the House. The senate probably hasn't looked at it yet. If they have, they haven't voted on it.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Ok, to bump this thread. The house passed the it Laws, Acts, and Legislation
    But I can't seem to find if the senate has looked at it or even voted on it yet. Anybody heard anything yet?

I checked the website that tracks Ohio bills within the past two weeks and it still said it's just passed in the House. The senate probably hasn't looked at it yet. If they have, they haven't voted on it.

It was introduced to the senate on 11/21/13 but no further action yet.
    http://lsc.state.oh.us/coderev/hou130.nsf/House+Bill+Number/0203?OpenDocument

On the link provided above, left hand side look for a link that says status report of legislation.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Anyone have an update on this? I've been trying to find out what's going on but haven't been able to.

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    Here is a link to a recent article:

Concealed carry bill with 'stand your ground' provision: How they voted | cleveland.com

And another:

Bloomberg crony on H.B. 203: Horribly misinformed, or intentionally lying? | Buckeye Firearms Association

The "stand your ground" provision might be the most controversial, only because it is being distorted by the liberals. It probably is bogging down the legislation. Maybe it needs to be taken out and put in a separate bill. I would really like the the other provisions become Ohio law soon, as I live only one mile from the Ohio border.

Here is a search link that should give the news on the legislation for the previous week. Just put it on your computer desk top, if you want to follow Ohio HB 203 progress:

https://www.google.com/#q=ohio+house+bill+203&safe=active&tbs=qdr:w

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Thanks. I'll keep tabs on that. I'm potentially moving to Ohio in the future so I have a vested interest in this bill. I'm also trying to decide whether I need to get another permit like AZ to be able to carry in Ohio when I visit my parents of if I should wait until this bill potentially passes, allowing my LTCH to be recognized.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom