• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    In general, you should be able to use any companies dies as long as they have the standard 7/8" threaad. This would include Lee, Lyman, Reading, Dillin, etc.
    I use Lee dies in my Dillon 550B. Also use RCBS dies in the Dillon and Lee single stage press. There are some non-standard dies out there, Dillon Square Deal B comes to mind, but almost all standard dies are interchangable. Same holds true for shell holders in single stage presses.

SamW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    W. Lafayette
    There's nothing wrong with RCBS dies. In fact, other than my ultra-precision reloading, I use all RCBS.

For my precision .308's/7mm/.223 I use Hornady's comp. series and Forester neck/comp dies.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    The only thing I don't like the RBCS die is their depriming die. The pin always got loosed after so many rounds. Now I use the Lee depriming and never have that problem. I have a RBCS press too.

SamW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    W. Lafayette
    Agreed. But the only depriming I do with RCBS dies is for pistol rounds. All of my rifle brass gets de-primed on a Lee Universal de-primer as the first step in the process.

Top Bottom