• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wp wrecks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Over the last month or two I have traded for or bought three of what I would call "budget" 1911's from fellow members here. I took them all to the range yesterday.

They are: Stainless Taurus PT 1911, Citadel Compact 1911 and Kahr Auto Ordnance WW2 Model 1911.

I took WWB FMJ Round Nose and WWB JHP. Between my wife and brother and I we probably put about 300 rounds between all three, about equally split.

This was actually the third time out with the Taurus but the first for the other two.

I am happy to report that we suffered not one malfunction of any kind with any of the three guns. All went bang everytime with no ftf or fte. And as I said, this is the Taurus's third time out with no malfunctions.

Weapon accuracy was as good as the shooter's and all were fun to shoot.

Just thought I'd let you all know about these particular three that I have in case anyone is contemplating buying or trading for one of these models in the future. You don't have to spend $750.00 and up to have a good time with a 1911.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've had a little trigger time with the Taurus 1911, and I've found it to be a very nice shooting gun, and will probably wind up making it one my first ventures into 1911s. Glad to hear your enjoying your new guns.:yesway:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Over the last month or two I have traded for or bought three of what I would call "budget" 1911's from fellow members here. I took them all to the range yesterday.

I took WWB FMJ Round Nose and WWB JHP. Between my wife and brother and I we probably put about 300 rounds between all three, about equally split.

I am happy to report that we suffered not one malfunction of any kind with any of the three guns. All went bang everytime with no ftf or fte. And as I said, this is the Taurus's third time out with no malfunctions.

IMPOSSIBLE. According to the Glock fan boys, a 1911 is a worthless piece of junk that is so unreliable that they are useless as anything except a paperweight, and require thousands of dollars of mods to get to the point where they will go bang even once.

wp wrecks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    I'm glad to see that guns are getting better, no ftf or fte in 100 rounds is great

After reading all the horror stories about the Auto Ordnance especially, I was prepared for the worst, but I went ahead and got it because I liked the look of the WW2 model that they came out with.

I'm not a big fan of the small GI sights but it is what they had on these guns so don't know if I would ever change them anyway.

But the operation fo the firearm was flawless.

wp wrecks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    IMPOSSIBLE. According to the Glock fan boys, a 1911 is a worthless piece of junk that is so unreliable that they are useless as anything except a paperweight, and require thousands of dollars of mods to get to the point where they will go bang even once.

LOL Thompal. Not trying to change anyone's mind, just reporting my personal experience.

They just feel right even if they don't cost $1,000.00 plus. And while I have never shot an Ed Brown or Wilson Custom, I have shot Kimbers and owned a couple of the higher dollar Springfields.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Being a Glock guy I either carry a G19 or a Kimber 1911, but that cracks me up too where they have to dismiss other pistols to make their choices correct.... :dunno: XD folks are the worst !!! ;)

I do believe that a G19 is a perfect carry pistol, but as stated I really like the 1911s, it does feel good knowing I have 9 rnds of .45acp goodness on tap !!! (+ 2 extra mags available)

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Glock fan boys are obviously prejudiced.
    Browning got it right and any gun built to his spec. and with decent material and workmanship is going to preform admirably.
    Our military used the 1911A1 from 1926 I think until they were sold the Beretta Ugly gun and manyunits have gone back to the reliable 1911A1 you just can't argue with success.

wp wrecks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    I've had a little trigger time with the Taurus 1911, and I've found it to be a very nice shooting gun, and will probably wind up making it one my first ventures into 1911s. Glad to hear your enjoying your new guns.:yesway:

Tommy,

One of the compaints I have heard about the Taurus is about the bluing and some problems with it wearing thin quickly. Mine is a stainless model so I don't have to worry about that problem. I would recommend you doing the same. JMHO

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Soo...you're saying there are people who actually don't like the 1911?, and they prefer something else?.....wow, I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Glad to here you like them.

I carry a Glock 1911. but would love to carry a 1911 anyone who could supply me one within my budget $0, at this point in time I'm stockpiling amo right now, i would love to have one.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.

So......you never had a 1911 you didnt mod-up? I have a love-hate relationship with the 1911. Its a great firearm but it is a 100yr old design. And the Glock while another great firearm, is not perfect like anything man-made.

Says the Glock lover.:rockwoot:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville

They are: Stainless Taurus PT 1911, Citadel Compact 1911 and Kahr Auto Ordnance WW2 Model 1911.

This was actually the third time out with the Taurus but the first for the other two.

Weapon accuracy was as good as the shooter's and all were fun to shoot.

Just thought I'd let you all know about these particular three that I have in case anyone is contemplating buying or trading for one of these models in the future. You don't have to spend $750.00 and up to have a good time with a 1911.
    I've looked at the Citadels and like them, I'm one of those who are always on a budget, ok I have no budget, really no money. I really want a short barreled 1911, around here they have some short bbl 1911's for around $400.... Kimbers go for....$800+. I think the $400 ones are made in the Phillipines, supposed to be good....no not Kimber good!

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Tommy,

One of the compaints I have heard about the Taurus is about the bluing and some problems with it wearing thin quickly. Mine is a stainless model so I don't have to worry about that problem. I would recommend you doing the same. JMHO
    Yeah, as a matter of fact, one of the ones I have fired had some small rust spots near the rear sight. I'm thinking that particular gun was a few years old, and would hope that Taurus has corrected the problem, but I like stainless, so that would probably be my choice.:yesway:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    So......you never had a 1911 you didnt mod-up? I have a love-hate relationship with the 1911. Its a great firearm but it is a 100yr old design. And the Glock while another great firearm, is not perfect like anything man-made.

Says the Glock lover.:rockwoot:

No, actually I never have modded any of my 1911s. Neither did my dad, and I now have his as well.

They always fit my hand well.
    They always shot where I aimed them
    Until I recently had a spring failure on one of the original 1943 magazines, I never had a failure.
    There are only two ammunition types that I've tried that I've had any trouble with: Black Talons, and loads with the Speer Flying Ashtray. This was very easily remedied by buying other ammo.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    BERETTA

Dont make fun of my ex-girlfriend...Those Beretta's are beautiful and smooth like butta'
    Glock fan boys are obviously prejudiced.
    Browning got it right and any gun built to his spec. and with decent material and workmanship is going to preform admirably.
    Our military used the 1911A1 from 1926 I think until they were sold the Beretta Ugly gun and manyunits have gone back to the reliable 1911A1 you just can't argue with success.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom