• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Looks like a ten shot 3 1/2" group. That's good shooting for a stock 9mm pistol, especially considering that it was shot standing, and unsupported. Good on ya!
    Thanks! But I get about 4 1/2" with my "precision" metal ruler. I was pretty pleased with the target. One of the rare instances where most of the shots went off kind of when I wanted them too. Of course shot slow fire. This P226 is most likely the most accurate 9mm pistol I have ever owned .

Since shooting the target the P226 was worked on by the Sig Armorer , a lot smoother DA and less creepy SA trigger but not quite as crisp as I had hoped for. If I had to do it all over again I would have bought a P226 X5 single action.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Thanks! But I get about 4 1/2" with my "precision" metal ruler. I was pretty pleased with the target. One of the rare instances where most of the shots went off kind of when I wanted them too. Of course shot slow fire. This P226 is most likely the most accurate 9mm pistol I have ever owned .

Since shooting the target the P226 was worked on by the Sig Armorer , a lot smoother DA and less creepy SA trigger but not quite as crisp as I had hoped for. If I had to do it all over again I would have bought a P226 X5 single action.
    Of course you are right. I was measuring from the shot just left of the X to the shot in the 8 ring, instead of measuring from the shot at 2 o'clock touching the X ring. That's a 1 inch difference. Still a fine group!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Bifocals suck.
    Took new HKP30LS to 10 yards.
    Blazer ball ammo.
    3 inch 10 shot group. Not slow fire but still blah.
    And it was left.

Either move the rear a little or just get an adj rear put in.

Dunno what smith or shop has the correct sight pusher.

I could say screw it and buy a SA35

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest

My dad loved his 226 and 220 rigs.
    I did OK but not great with em.
    Just didnt fit me like they did him.

Me and HK aint getting along that well either.
    Proly have to do some mods after sight adj/ change.

Oddly, my stupid little P365 has been great.
    If I want a full size 9mm Ill proly have to revisit the P35.

Had one yrs ago and it shot crazy good.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Still think a HP practical ( two tone ) w adj sights would be cool range toy.
    Cylinder and Slide I thought closed. Dunno if parts like that still avail.

Alas, i may be stuck having to put a reflex on every dang thing :(

Top Bottom