• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This has befuddled me years and I am convinced there must be a good reason for it but I am apparently not smart enough to figure it out.

When I go to the store to buy a 12 pack of 7up, Coke, whatever; why are the boxes ALWAYS stacked so that the perforated opening used to carry the box is point sideways? Why? Why? Why not be able to walk up, pop the tab in, hook your fingers in the opening and go? Why do I have to put down anything I might have in my hands, figure out how to get the Jenga piece out of there with no way to grab it, pull it out enough to flip it on its side AND THEN you can use the opening in the box as designed.

Why? Why?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ooh, OOH! I actually know this one!

Because stacking them sideways positions the cans upright, where they are more structurally sound. You can stack higher without the boxes busting open. AND if a box does happen to open, all the cans don’t come rolling out on to the floor.
    THIS makes sense. Like phylo, I always wondered that too!

1631918089145.png

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ooh, OOH! I actually know this one!

Because stacking them sideways positions the cans upright, where they are more structurally sound. You can stack higher without the boxes busting open. AND if a box does happen to open, all the cans don’t come rolling out on to the floor.
    Why not load the boxes to orient things so they’ll be more user friendly? Or perforate the hope on the appropriate side?

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    This has befuddled me years and I am convinced there must be a good reason for it but I am apparently not smart enough to figure it out.

When I go to the store to buy a 12 pack of 7up, Coke, whatever; why are the boxes ALWAYS stacked so that the perforated opening used to carry the box is point sideways? Why? Why? Why not be able to walk up, pop the tab in, hook your fingers in the opening and go? Why do I have to put down anything I might have in my hands, figure out how to get the Jenga piece out of there with no way to grab it, pull it out enough to flip it on its side AND THEN you can use the opening in the box as designed.

Why? Why?

This is to prevent you from buying unhealthy sugary drinks along with your pineapple pizza. It's karma in real time! Proof two wrongs don't make a right.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    What is truly sad is that we can map the human genome, see back in time almost to the big bang, put people on the moon, create powerful computing machines in cell phones, and create a civilization so advanced as to allow the creative genius of Johnny Cash,

But we cannot figure out how to package soda pop better...

Humans.... we have far to go.

Regards,

Doug

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I miss the pop machines that the row of bottles that were stacked vertical on their side with a vertical door to match where you could take a cup and bottle opener and get free pop, not that I would ever do that.

I havs a sense that experience plays out in this reply. Hmmmmm????

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry

Why? Why?
    Well Sir, the same theory goes for older woman.

Top Bottom