• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've seen this before. He was quite impressive in that speech he gave.
    Kind of a yawner though. As most of those speeches are. It’s like if a sports car could talk, and a Corvette z06 is on the truck headed to a dealer. He talks about the future on the road before he’s even experienced it. He’s got the pedigree but he doesn’t know **** except what he’s been taught.

Valedictorians are smart and they have the pedigree to be successful. They all talk with enthusiasm about the future. It’s unknown until they experience it.

This video helped me recognize what I couldn’t put my finger on about Vivek. He speaks like a valedictorian who has the kind of optimism of unearned faith in the future. He’s only 37.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Kind of a yawner though. As most of those speeches are. It’s like if a sports car could talk, and a Corvette z06 is on the truck headed to a dealer. He talks about the future on the road before he’s even experienced it. He’s got the pedigree but he doesn’t know **** except what he’s been taught.

Valedictorians are smart and they have the pedigree to be successful. They all talk with enthusiasm about the future. It’s unknown until they experience it.

This video helped me recognize what I couldn’t put my finger on about Vivek. He speaks like a valedictorian who has the kind of optimism of unearned faith in the future. He’s only 37.
    I think the point of the post is that he's no phony "johnnie come lately." He still exhibits the same core that guides him that he spoke of back then.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well that was probably unnecessarily critical. He doesn’t just speak about the future. He also talks about issues and solutions. I can see why he appeals to young conservatives. One, they don’t know **** about life either, but also some of the old ways that probably hurt more than help conservatives today, they’re ready to move on from. And Vivek is the one talking about it. I do think now that he’s sincere about being pro-American. At 50 he could make a great President.

I think if Trump were as smart and as articulate as Vivek, he wouldn’t make the mistakes that he has.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Oh and one other thing. "Valedictorians are smart."

I knew there was a reason why I wasn't a Valedictorian. I just wasn't smart enough to figure out why. :):

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Valedictorian us simply the first step of indoctrination into credentialism. ...which ain't even a word according to my spellchecker phone

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Valedictorian us simply the first step of indoctrination into credentialism. ...which ain't even a word according to my spellchecker phone
    Hey, don't judge me for my lack of "credentialism"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Obviously your spellchecker phone doesn't have the credentials to spell check all the werds.

Reactions: KG1

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I was going to have something witty and sarcastic to say but I just finished my daily readings which had tese words.

Brethren, be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma. But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.
    I will have to wait an hour or so until I forget I read them.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Well, he's already wealthy by his own efforts in business. Seems his faith in America is justified

Edit: And the Z06 doesn't even know yet that it will be bought by some fat guy in his late 50s whose days of wildness behind the wheel, if he ever had any, are long past

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

cre·den·tial·ism
    /krəˈden(t)SHəˌlizəm/
    noun
    belief in or reliance on academic or other formal qualifications as the best measure of a person's intelligence or ability to do a particular job.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ramaswamy, says he isn't interested in a VP offer. Wonder if he's only saying that now because he's still running for POTUS and would change his tune after his bid for the nomination doesn't materialize

“Frankly, I’d drive change through the private sector sooner than becoming number two or three in the federal government.”

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom