Quick Name a Fun 9mm carbine that you have or want!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Techincally, not a carbine, but I handled an 8" CMMG 9mm pistol yesterday, just made me feel all warm and fuzzy :)

If you don't mind me asking where did you see the CMMG pistol? I've been thinking about getting one and would really like to handle one in person.

Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel
    And it offers more options for sights and attachments.

DII_4995w.jpg

;)
    Yes, exactly. I forgot to mention you can change sides for the charging handle too....great for anybody who likes the option of having it on the left side.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Forgot that Citadel is making a 9mm in a M1 Carbine, if it works, I think that would be fun, especially with a threaded barrel

That's what I have been waiting for since I first read about it in March 2013. Per Citadel's president, the second batch should be going out to the distributors this week, and another batch in early July.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    1cs3.jpg

Suomi! Yeah, its heavy as hell, especially with a 72 rd. drum, but it is very accurate and a heck of a lot of fun. Less recoil than a 22 thanks to the weight. With box mags and one of my drums it has been 100%, the other drum I get a FTF about every 15th round. Drum problem, not the gun itself.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I have a hankering for a Spanish Destroyer carbine.

Some were converted to 9mm Luger, but most are 9x23 Largo (but the Largo uses the same bullets, powders, primers, and dies as 9mm Luger)

Something neat about a compact 9mm carbine with a military style ladder sight.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I have a Just Right Carbine also. Lots of fun. I am thinking about a slide fire stock for it which will also work on my AR rifles. Only problem I have had is that I often grip it by the magwell and inadvertently bump the mag release button. Usually with the 31 round mags. I have to learn to use the fore grip only. It is annoying to say the least....,

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN

Some were converted to 9mm Luger, but most are 9x23 Largo (but the Largo uses the same bullets, powders, primers, and dies as 9mm Luger)

I expected Doggy Daddy would be the one to mention the Spanish Destroyer. But I suspect that most of the posters on this thread wouldn't care for the bolt action.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

They are fun... and Starline makes new brass for the Largo also. Here's mine. :)

IMG_2388_zps9356d234.jpg

IMG_2390_zps204dc88c.jpg

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I have shot the Marlin camp 9 and it shoots ok but has a rough trigger. I have shot a Rock River Arms AR version is nice, uses colt mags or modified uzi mags. I would like the HK MP5 simply because they are a bit different and very tight. Supressed the action makes very little noise due to it having a very tight action. I have not held the new Sig MPX but if they win the law suite against the ATF claiming the barrel is a silencer without a can on it I would like to try that model. Looks nice and if it's a Sig, it is likely a quality product.

Looks like Sig suspended it's lawsuit and gave the ATF a chance to reconsider it's ruling before going to court. The more I see of the MPX, the more I want one.

SIG SAUER Suspends Lawsuit Against ATF Over MPX's New Muzzle Brake | The Truth About Guns

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    HiPoint 995 - fun and inexpensive. Laugh all you want - it's probably the best bang for the buck of any gun I own.

Second place to the Sub2000. Too bad they are so hard to find.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    If you don't mind me asking where did you see the CMMG pistol? I've been thinking about getting one and would really like to handle one in person.

Friend who was passing by stopped and showed me. I like their keymod rail, not sophisticated or expensive, but the simplicity works well for it

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I'm digging my AR in 9mm. I was thinking MP5 clone but after thinking about the SBR cost and options I decided to go with the AR. No regrets.

IMG_2833_zps232013ef.jpg

Top Bottom