• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I am in the thought process of buying a suppressor, and in the future an sbr of some sort.

My question is in regards to the actual NFA items: if I pay to have a trust written out and notarized, can my wife and I be the executors/trustees and later on can we add our sons (as they mature)?

I am really confused regarding the verbage of nfa stuff, and am thinking that the trust will be the best way to avoid any issues willing these to my children (and them in turn dealing with stamps)

Also, if I go the individual route; would I need to have a separate lockef that only I can access? Or would the family long gun safe be ok for these?

Thanks!

T

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    No issues when you die, the NFA toys just get transferred to the kid(s) named in the will.

Typically unless someone else really really needs or wants to use the items, a private ownership is easiest, in particular at first.

Put the suppressor in a small locking case, inside the larger safe is fine.

More later if needed or e-mail and we can talk some evening.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Yes, you can add/remove/modify trustees at any time on a trust as long as it is written so it can be amended.

If you go individual it has to be locked up so only you have access. A locked gun-case inside your safe will work.

With a wife and kids in the house, if they also like to shoot, and you think someday you'd like to be able to let them take your NFA toys to the range w/o you then I highly recommend a trust or corporation.

dt36

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Which would be the best way to go? I don't think I would have an issue with going individual but I dont know any cops to make it easier to talk to the chief to have him sign the form 4. If I understand correctly because I live in Johnson county I would have to have the chief in Johnson County or Greenwoods police station sign the paper work?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Which would be the best way to go? I don't think I would have an issue with going individual but I dont know any cops to make it easier to talk to the chief to have him sign the form 4. If I understand correctly because I live in Johnson county I would have to have the chief in Johnson County or Greenwoods police station sign the paper work?

Are you in the city of Greenwood? Honestly, neither the chief or the Sheriff will give you any problem.

Top Bottom