• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    There's one of these round shouts being put in greenwood at a averitt rd and main st. Gonna be interesting to see how thy do it they may end up cutting into some peoples property. I like the roundabouts overall though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    When you say 'round-a-bout' are you talking about those skid pads that they replace stoplights with? I wish they would stop putting curbs around them. They totally screw a car up when you find the limit of adhesion.

Seriously though, they do seem to work well in keeping traffic flowing. That is, until someone gets in there and keeps going in circles. I wonder why high school kids have not gotten a string of 3 or 4 cars together in one to shut all traffic down until they are bored with chasing each other? It would seem like something high schoolers would find funny.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I have two comments about RAB's. Some have plantings that obscure the view as you approach (Carmel). Pretty, but dumb.

What is the purpose of the yellow border on a small inner part of the circle. Don't park there? Don't drive there? No loitering?

Been on them in Europe and Boston many years ago.

Yeah, I read on one of the engineering sites that landscaping in the middle is important to let oncoming traffic know there is a roundabout. Without anything in the middle it can very easily look like an intersection where you don't have to stop at all. If there is snow, it's dark, driver isn't paying attention.... you get what was mentioned earlier, tracks through the middle. The problem with that isn't that the grass gets messed up, its that none of the roads at the intersection have a stop sign so if you run straight (literally) through it you are likely to cause damage to more than just your car. Cars coming from other directions are not stopping also.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Is there any law about somebody staying in a round about and just going around? Not speeding and not impeding traffic just going around because the kids like it.

Do it for the children. :cool:

You would likely have to refer to local ordinances. I have heard of places imposing a 3 complete passes of the circle as the limit.... Doubt they could enforce a ticket against it though.

But officer (while bobbing head and wearing favorite Oakleys and goatee)...
    I must of got lost, I must of got lost
    I must of got lost somewhere down the line
    :cool:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom