• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SlowPlay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have an older, discontinued AIMPOINT COMP that I have decided to put back into service after a few years off. It works perfect (did work), but batteries have died. Paperwork sez SP675 (non zinc air type) batteries, the 3 batteries that came out of it say 'Energizer A76'. I can't seem to locate the correct or equivalent. Are there others that will work? Thanks

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As I recall, those are compatible with LR44 and 357 batteries. And dont pay retail. Youll go broke.

My kids have an annoying toy that EATS these damned things. I was going broke paying upwards of $7-8 for a 3 pack. Not anymore... (and they seem to last just as long as major name brand)

Robot Check (EDIT: this link is different than the one above)

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    Watch out if you go to Amazon. It appears from the feedback that several of the sellers are dealing in outdated batteries. Cameramonkey's recolletions are correct as to interchangeability.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Watch out if you go to Amazon. It appears from the feedback that several of the sellers are dealing in outdated batteries. Cameramonkey's recolletions are correct as to interchangeability.

Good catch. Only buy the cheap ones if your device is a range toy. And expect long shipping times. Those uber cheap ones ship directly from the Chinese mainland.

SlowPlay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Lafayette
    Thanks much for the info. Called Aimpoint, surprise....they really didn't know. Anyway, skipped Amazon and decided to try the 357's Energizers from Meijer. Looks like they are going to work perfectly. Thanks again.

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    After 25 years in the camera repair business I still think Energizer S76 and 357 are the best. Both are silver oxide chemistry. Of course, I've been retired for 22 years, but I don't think much has changed in the battery world. The Lithium batteries are too new for me to have an opinion.

Top Bottom