• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Me and my friends do alot of quad riding and was wondering where does everyone ride here in Indiana..We have been to the badlands and to haspin

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I was into quads for years and had a great time doing it. Me and a friend started a ATV club here in southern IN it had grown to over 125 paying familys and 800 members. It turned into a job for me and I lost the passion for riding after being president for 3 years. So I am now into off road vehicles rock crawlers and such. I have no desire to be president of anything again. But will someday have another quad or side by side maybe.
    If you get the chance to go to Harlan County KY. (the state not the jelly) it is the best place I have ever been riding at. The cost is free camping is free to minimal you can ride your quad through town to gas up, eat get supplies and go to and from the trail head. But what makes this place so great is the people down there they are so nice and helpful. We have been down there and rode 150 miles in 1 day and didnt' ride the same trail 2 times plus was in 3 different states. Highly recomended that you check this place out.
    You also have Redbird state riding area which is at the present time the only state funded riding area. They have 600 acres and it is expanding. The cost is $10 per day. There is another state funded riding area in the works here in southern IN called Interlake. We have been working with the state and it has been progressing a little quicker now. It is 3500 acres, we have clean up rides and National Trail Days rides on it along with a big Toys for Tots ride the first weekend in Nov.
    Here are some links for you to check out. Either of these 2 clubs have links of several places to ride and info needed. They also have special events and club rides that can be a blast. I go by Mudcat on these 2 boards. Good luck adnd I hope to see you on the trails some day.
    Lincoln Country
    http://www.midwesttrailriders.com/

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    About Redbird,

One thing to know is that they *require* a state registration ID tag. Its like what you would put on a boat, etc, and is available through the BMV. You are supposed to have one to ride there. It was the first I had ever heard of it, and when we explained to the guy that we'd driven an awful long way, he just looked away as if he didn't see anything. And this was after my genius father asked the guy about requirements. If you don't ask I am sure there will be no problem. But the registration is cheap so its not that big of a thing to do beforehand.

+1 on good riding at Redbird!

KimberCarry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Indianapolis. IN
    Good places in Indiana>>Haspin,Badlands,Redbird,Abate {Bedford}. I have 5 buddy's we all ride together. We try to make one good trip a year dad's only. Ride a lot with all our kids also.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    lovemywoods has two 4-wheelers that I ride on his 17 acres of woods. But I've never had them off the property. I'd love to try out some of these places with someone who's already been there.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I do not care for Haspin as they have no rules I hate riding with drunks. We also came back to the parking lot one time to see a drunk idiot doing doughnuts in the parking lot slinging rocks on several vehicles. None of which was ours but we did put a stop to it.

bradkilburn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    We ride alot to but the same places start to get old anyone know of any places to ride in southeastern Indiana

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    haspin can get hairy with all the drinking. but on the plus side, you get to see drunks chicks roll their brand new $24k jeep liberty down the backbone!!! hahahaah!!!

Top Bottom