• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    May shoot well enough that none of the above is a concern.
    May cost less and allow you to shoot more.
    May make reloading fun cuz you don't have to max out your Visa for components.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I bought some pulled bullets in .308 They had some black tar like crap on them that I'd assume was sealant. They were also a little tarnished. I soaked them in lacquer thinner and the black stuff came right off, then I tumbled them and they look pretty good. They shoot just fine.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've done a lot of reloading with pulled SS109's. I wanted them to be loaded at 223 pressures in 223 sized brass so it'd be safe to use in my 223 bolt action rifle. It's a nice way to add a little versatility to your 223 ammo collection. I've found that they shoot just fine.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Even if they are ugly Lee makes a bullet lubricating and sizing kit. You can use it to make ugly bullets round before the barrel does it. Works with jacketed bullets too. Did some 175 .308 bullets then shot the worst of them into about an inch at 100 yds. Not earth shaking but they were cheap. Kit runs about $10.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    We reloaded 1000'S of pulled surplus 5.56 and 7.62. About the only bullets I buy anymore are V-max for the bolt gun and plated for the 9mm. But I've been loading cast lately for the 9mm.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Just ordered 3000 pulled 55gr .224 bullets and they work just fine. Most of them have small marks on them (even though they said they weren't marked) but I've not noticed any issue with accuracy. They can shoot better than me. Would be pissed if I bought them for a bolt gun...but for an AR less than 300yd blaster...perfect and cheap.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    I know that this isn't related to SS109s that you asked about but a pulled bullet issue, I think, anyway. There are lots of speer TMJ .380 pulled bullets floating around out there for more than half off the new price so I bought a lot of them.

I recently shot 100 round lot of them and as one was feeding, it got jammed up on the feed ramp and set the bullet back into the case more than 50%. Luckily it jammed and didn't feed or that would have been one high pressure round.

I've loaded tons of .380 with other, new rounds and this has never happened. My only guess is that the bullet lost some diameter during pulling or their was an overcrimp with the original load that caused this. I really hope it wasn't the bullet but time will tell. I have lots more to try but it certainly makes me a bit nervous now.

Top Bottom