PSA releases Dedicated Billet 9mm Glock Lowers!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    PSA 9mm Billet Complete Classic Lower - uses Glock®-style magazines

Any one got one of these on order yet? Just noticed them today, the price with one of their complete uppers your looking at a complete rifle (or pistol) for around the $700 dollar range. Did also notice in the product description that the lower "Must be used with a Palmetto State Armory Hybrid 9mm Upper". So im guessing that's to due with the uppers including the Glock specific cut on the BCG to work the Glock mags, also not sure if it has a Last Round Bolt Hold Open feature. Be interesting to see how well these operate, for the money might be worth taking a chance on. I have a NFA dedicated Glock lower 9mm pistol and my only complaint with it is that it don't have LRBHO, but the price for the PSA would make me want to possibly get another one in a rifle length.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I saw this yesterday as well. For some reason I am interested in a 9mm AR. Knowing PSA they will release new uppers and lowers as time goes on. The price will also drop over time. I don't know all of the details but since they are based on Glock mags they will be more popular than the last kits they released.

KUJO2388

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I was very interested to see the PSA email about these. I just finished my .300BLK pistol build now I want to do a 9mm AR pistol and the only way I was going to do it was if I could use Glock magazines. I would really like to see what uppers will work with it.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Like I mentioned I believe any upper would probably work. Their probably saying that since the BDG has to cut a certain way to work with Glock mags. By them saying that will probably limit the amount of call backs and returns from people not getting the proper BCG to work with the glock mags IMO. Yes a Glock mag lower is the only way to go, I have Glock 9mm already so it was a no brainer now my pistols and AR9 takes the same mags.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    As a noob to anything 9mm AR, and a fan of PSA prices, I'll be paying attention. Thats on my list of "crap I don't need but will probably buy". Pistol cal rifles are fun as hell!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Just my luck. A couple months ago I traded my Just Right carbine in for this PSA 9mm that takes Colt mags;

20151116_143029pw_zpsjpci6mne.jpg

Rock solid and reliable. Now, I have to consider selling it and buying the Glock version. Since I have way more Glock mags than the 4 colt mags.
    wink.gif
    I'll have to contact PSA. Maybe I can just switch lowers. :dunno:

3badkids

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Olympic Arms has been making Lowers that take glock mags for some time. In both the 9 & 40 called K9-GL and K40-GL

I own the original K9 that Olympic arms uses their own 30 rd mags - IMO those looks much better than anything else I've seen out there

See pic

Olympic-Arms-K9-9mm-(K9-FT)-009.gif

3badkids

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That's suggested retail off of their own website. I paid 900 for my K9 (2 mags) and it is by far one of my favorite ARs to shoot. And yes I'll pay more for quality. Don't get me wrong I'm just not necessarily a PSA fan besides just pointing out PSA is not the innovator of AR lowers that accept Glock mags

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Just curious why anyone would want a 9mm AR. 5.56 rounds can be had for $250/1000 or 20$-30$ less if you wait for deals or buy in bulk.

I just did some quick research...it seems 1000 rounds of 9mm goes for $220. Is that the draw?

Seems like it would take forever to ever recoup the cost of a new rifle and magazine if you're looking to save money. Is it the novelty of having something different? Not judging, just curious.

KUJO2388

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Just curious why anyone would want a 9mm AR. 5.56 rounds can be had for $250/1000 or 20$-30$ less if you wait for deals or buy in bulk.

I just did some quick research...it seems 1000 rounds of 9mm goes for $220. Is that the draw?

Seems like it would take forever to ever recoup the cost of a new rifle and magazine if you're looking to save money. Is it the novelty of having something different? Not judging, just curious.

You can have a very short barrel on a 9MM SBR or AR pistol that will reliably function with little to no issues. Some people have issues with shorter barrels and gas systems using 5.56. Being able to run sub sonic rounds that function reliably compared to 5.56 subsonic in an AR. Also the capability to use the same ammo and magazines as your sidearm. These are just the points I can think of. Not to start a debate on how to make a 5.56 AR function with subs or short barrels.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thanks for the info. I just don't understand the allure of such a short barreled "rifle" or the AR pistol platform. Seems like money wasted on something much less effective just to have something different. To each his own, it's a free country.

I can only speak for myself on this but for me its just fun! Its just a ton of fun shooting a pistol caliber carbine. Especially in the Run-N-Courses we do here. Plus having mags that match my pistol is an added feature that I like. Do I need it absolutely not, do I think it has a ton of 2nd kind of cool factor... Absolutely.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana

I don't believe you are comparing apples to apples. The .223 prices you list is for steel cased while your 9mm is brass. If you want to shoot steel the comparison is $160/1000 for 9mm (9mm luger ammo handgun) vs $250/1000 (223 remington ammo rifle). 5.56 is well over $.28/round. You might have a cheaper outlets for ammo but this is what I saw. This is why a 9mm AR would be so much fun. Plus you can split out 9mm fairly quickly and cheaply reloading it.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

To add to what others have mentioned, some ranges (like MCFG) limit all firearms to "traditional handgun" calibers, so if you don't have a place to cut loose with a 5.56 AR, a 9mm AR is a fun and practical option. Also, a 9mm AR is a much more practical caliber for shooting cast boolits than a 5.56 AR (not saying it can't be done, just that it is much easier since there are no concerns about leading up the gas system) and can save you a LOT of money if you are already set up for casting.

Top Bottom