• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I was hoping INGO would be able to take advantage.
    I'm probably going to use these in cases from 221 Fireball and smaller.
    Well at least half of them and the rest on a run of 9mm +P+'s in the ever reliable M17's we have.
    Good Find, especially now that Ive learned the hard way on how to get them out of the non existent outer shipping box.
    Thanks

Hope I don't look back and wish I would have bought 20,000 of them. #sadface

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$50 for 1000
    Free shipping over $150
    Hazmat is included with price.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

$50 for 1000
    Free shipping over $150
    I bought 15,000 the last time they had these. I haven't seated and shot any of them yet. Has anyone used them so far?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I bought 15,000 the last time they had these. I haven't seated and shot any of them yet. Has anyone used them so far?
    I used 1000 no problems. My son's handgun had problems, but I found out he had not cleaned the striker in around 6k rds. After cleaning it up and it was a mess. It did fine.
    All my 9mm handguns did fine with them.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I'm wondering if Brian bought a pallet of them. lol
    I did not. My distributor has no LRP currently available, and I'm sold out as well. If things get crazy again, it won't really matter if I have a pallet or a container full, it won't be enough. I've been getting a really bad feeling over the last year, and it's just been getting worse recently. I think the next few months (or years) are going to be bad.

The powder shelves at the store don't look too bad right now. That's because we have practically cleaned out the back room at the store. I still have stuff back there, but it's all the slow selling items. Kevin has been bringing a bunch of product back from the gun show as well to fill in the empty spots on the shelves. My off-site powder storage magazine is now COMPLETLY EMPTY. If powder sales keep up at this rate, it won't be long until we have some empty shelves at the store. I have already had to start spreading things out to fill in a few gaps. It's not selling at the insane rate it was at the peak during covid (we were selling over 1,000# PER WEEK at one point), but we were getting nearly a pallet of product per day back then. We can't currently replace much of what we are selling at this time.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I did not. My distributor has no LRP currently available, and I'm sold out as well. If things get crazy again, it won't really matter if I have a pallet or a container full, it won't be enough. I've been getting a really bad feeling over the last year, and it's just been getting worse recently. I think the next few months (or years) are going to be bad.

The powder shelves at the store don't look too bad right now. That's because we have practically cleaned out the back room at the store. I still have stuff back there, but it's all the slow selling items. Kevin has been bringing a bunch of product back from the gun show as well to fill in the empty spots on the shelves. My off-site powder storage magazine is now COMPLETLY EMPTY. If powder sales keep up at this rate, it won't be long until we have some empty shelves at the store. I have already had to start spreading things out to fill in a few gaps. It's not selling at the insane rate it was at the peak during covid (we were selling over 1,000# PER WEEK at one point), but we were getting nearly a pallet of product per day back then. We can't currently replace much of what we are selling at this time.
    Any idea why the LRP shortage?

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Going to the military, I imagine.
    They make use of a lot more large caliber than the civilian market.
    Yep. If these conflicts get worse, so will the shortages. There are currently 114 armed conflicts in the world. Most of them are getting worse. Most also don't get much media attention. You have to actively search for information to find out how bad things really are.
    General Dynamics is opening a new factory soon in Mesquite Texas that will manufacture 30,000 artillery shells per month. That is roughly an additional 21,000# of powder PER DAY that will go up in smoke.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Yep. If these conflicts get worse, so will the shortages. There are currently 114 armed conflicts in the world. Most of them are getting worse. Most also don't get much media attention. You have to actively search for information to find out how bad things really are.
    General Dynamics is opening a new factory soon in Mesquite Texas that will manufacture 30,000 artillery shells per month. That is roughly an additional 21,000# of powder PER DAY that will go up in smoke.
    Must have been typing at the same time, as you see I reposted your notice above. Very informative and a wake up. Thanks.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

$50 for 1000
    Free shipping over $150
    I just rolled the dice and ordered 3000 to try. Probably be a while before I am back to reloading 9mm

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I am not short on anything but have definitely noticed the big jump in powder prices and lack of LRP on the market. Thanks for the replies.

I shoot a lot of milsurp rifles so my stock of LRP won’t last forever.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

$50 for 1000
    Free shipping over $150
    I probably have this in an old post, but I've loaded quite a few in my 9mm loads. I used my Dillon 550 and got a lot of misfires with my Sig P320 Compact, but they usually go bang on the second or third strike. If I use my hand primer, they seat better and I only rarely get a misfire.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I probably have this in an old post, but I've loaded quite a few in my 9mm loads. I used my Dillon 550 and got a lot of misfires with my Sig P320 Compact, but they usually go bang on the second or third strike. If I use my hand primer, they seat better and I only rarely get a misfire.

Edit
    I would bet you have a loose? shell plate or a primer seating problem with your 550.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom