• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I take whatever small & large pistol primers I could get at the moment. I have what I need for the rifles since I don't reload those much except for precision long range stuff. I tried to get some at one place that had shelves full of them so I grabbed a brick of each since I don't really have a lot of money and when I got to th counter the person there opened them both up and asked me which three I wanted, meaning how did I want to split the three hundred I was allowed to buy that day. I took the small pistols and decided that was how they had shelves of them. Went back a few days later and they were gone. Seems they dropped the limit the very next day and one guy cleaned them out.

Needless to say I wasn't amused. (Terre Haute area)

Currently I am broke until Tuesday or I would take a trip to Profire. :)

atkinson3069

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    you may want to check with M&S Armament in Clinton i was in there today and i was pretty sure i saw some small pistol primers there i am not for sure how much they were but it is worth a phone call

PopFizz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    We have SP, SR, LR and LP primers as well as 209's. All standard flavors are $33.99, and 209's are $29.99.

Aszerigan,

I work tomorrow (2/16) 7am-4pm and live in kokomo so I know I couldn't make it before you guys closed. Any possibility I could pay for 2k SP primers ([STRIKE]pm CC info[/STRIKE][post count not high enough] or call in) and I'd pick up Tuesday when you opened?

Thank you for your time,
    Ryan

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    you may want to check with M&S Armament in Clinton i was in there today and i was pretty sure i saw some small pistol primers there i am not for sure how much they were but it is worth a phone call

if this was for me, I remain broke. :)

However I know the place and will passing it on Tuesday when the break lifts, so I will give them a look. :D

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    In a COMMON Pistol load-A primer is a "Spark Plug"=Nothing more-Nothing less.

+100 Broom!!

Think about it, Shark, How many of ANY type of primers (Of course that have been taken care of properly) have you had NOT go off?? Between you, Broom, and Me, probably NOT enough to count on one hand??

Not sure with you, O'Shark, but between Broom+I, we have seated Thousands without having many "Not Go Off"..(and most of those were SIDEWAYS)...HA HA...Bill

Ok, let's try this again. I have been at this since 1987. The ONLY primers I have ever used in 25+ years of reloading are Winchester and CCI. Doing a quick search on the 'net shows very VERY few reports of problems with those two brands. The same cannot be said for Tula, Wolf, S&B or whatever.

I will say that in a sense, Broom has a point although it's not the point he tried to make. I don't carry my 1911 and if I did, I wouldn't carry reloads in it. I'll try a different brand considering the supply situation knowing they are for range practice only so the worst that can happen is probably a "click" when there should be a bang.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Welcome to the Reloading World..

Ok, let's try this again. I have been at this since 1987. The ONLY primers I have ever used in 25+ years of reloading are Winchester and CCI. Doing a quick search on the 'net shows very VERY few reports of problems with those two brands. The same cannot be said for Tula, Wolf, S&B or whatever.

I will say that in a sense, Broom has a point although it's not the point he tried to make. I don't carry my 1911 and if I did, I wouldn't carry reloads in it. I'll try a different brand considering the supply situation knowing they are for range practice only so the worst that can happen is probably a "click" when there should be a bang.

Shark, I have been "Seating Primers" since '72'-'73', and I'm pretty sure Broom the same. So we want to welcome you as a "Newbie"..HA HA...

For most of us, CCI, Winchester, or Federal are the "Chosen" primers. With that said, anymore, you have to get what you can get.

I have not had more than 2, or 3 primers that were defective in the MANY that I have seated over these years, and the defective ones were NOT Wolf or Tula. I have not used S&B primers.

The "Internet Stories" about bad Wolf primers have been traced to "Operator Error"--NOT seated properly--First hit-Click--Second hit Bang...

I DO see where you are coming from--I use most any primer for target/plinking loads, and reserve my CCI-Winchester-Remington primers for Hunting/SHTF loads. I ONLY carry Factory Loads--That's another story...Bill.

PopFizz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Can't say enough about the phone interaction I just had with one of the guys at Profire. You just received a lifetime customer and all the free advertising I can give to fellow shooters in my area.

You guys truly made my weekend.

Ryan

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    Can't say enough about the phone interaction I just had with one of the guys at Profire. You just received a lifetime customer and all the free advertising I can give to fellow shooters in my area.

Ryan

I agree. He's a real asset to our sport/pastime and I'll try his primers if for no other reason than to help ensure that he's there when all of this craziness is over with. I stopped in there and I was immediately in a line almost as soon as I got inside the door. It was great to see so many reloaders in one place.

Scott223

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Andrew has had a lot of primers in stock, I know, i have bought quite a few. I just wonder if andrew has his hornady loader set up yet...........?

PopFizz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    I didnt see it in the lower section, but I got there right before they closed and was distracted by Bobcat Steel as I didn't know they sold it (saved me a drive to Shelbyville though).

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Andrew has had a lot of primers in stock, I know, i have bought quite a few. I just wonder if andrew has his hornady loader set up yet...........?

He does and it's running .223. That is the exact press I have that I was referring to in your other thread. If you can pony up the money, you'll not be disappointed..

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville

Ryan

Ryan, that was me and I am glad we could help you out!

To everyone else we still have all primers still in stock so come in Tuesday if you still need some.

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    Yea still have the one box limit so everyone can get some primers. We had about 30k SSP when we closed. Won't be back open until Tuesday at 11:00a.m

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom