• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The-Last-Round

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Brazil
    Been looking for small pistol primers for over a month.
    .223 is starting to trickle in but still no primers.

Why are those getting stockpiled? El Presidente Hopium hasn't said anything about ammunition and especially about reloading supplies. What gives?

Kingpin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Grant County
    Some people are just in this Panic Mode and they think stocking up large amounts of anything firearms related is the way to go.I think it will calm down by end of year but who knows. I wonder why you cant find 22 lr ammo of all the things I thought would be in short supply 22 lr isn't one of them.

bbrian4482

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Primers

Yea right now I belive, and this is just Brian talking no research to back up, is that people are just in panic mode and trying to gather anything and everything they can. Right or wrong thats what I am seeing when I go shopping.

Happy Shooting!
    Brian

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    You might check with Profire. They had primers on the shelf last week when I was in there, but I did not look to see if they were small pistol or not.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    The other thing I have read is almost all the primers are being allocated to the manufactures to try to get caught back up on the commercial ammo supply. This leaves the reloader out in the cold. Profire has been getting some in check with them it may be awhile before thing get back to normal.

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    But I don't want to have to settle for whatever primers that I can get. I've worked too hard to develop loads. It has gotten to the point where I am almost considering trading small rifle primers for large pistol. I hate to get rid of any that I have but .45acp is my highest volume round right now.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    You might check with Profire. They had primers on the shelf last week when I was in there, but I did not look to see if they were small pistol or not.

I was in Profire around lunchtime today. It was Primer-palooza!

Profire's phone number: 317-757-8132.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Gotta be adaptable under these conditions. Take whatever primers you can get, back your pet load off a little and work back up. Call me a skeptic, but can the primer really matter all THAT much, on a 45ACP load? :dunno:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm about ready to don my tinfoil hat.
    In the back of my mind I have strange thoughts about the Govt ordering so much ammo lately that individuals are S.O.L. getting what they need to defend themselves.
    Probably a thought I should not have put into print or say out loud.

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    Bought primers at Profire today, they have primers and have intelligently put in place a one box per day limit. It's the hoarders causing the problem, not shooters.

The-Last-Round

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Brazil
    Thanks for the profire tip. I didn't even know they existed. Good thing I don't live closer to indy...... profire looks like the kind of place I would get myself into trouble with the wife.

What the hell is that giant machine and how much did it cost?

(Cyan OK to denote nagging wife voice?)

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Atterbury is out of primers and they don't expect any until May. This is what I what I was told when I stopped by on Tues 2/12

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Primers??

But I don't want to have to settle for whatever primers that I can get. I've worked too hard to develop loads. It has gotten to the point where I am almost considering trading small rifle primers for large pistol. I hate to get rid of any that I have but .45acp is my highest volume round right now.
    In a COMMON Pistol load-A primer is a "Spark Plug"=Nothing more-Nothing less.

Gotta be adaptable under these conditions. Take whatever primers you can get, back your pet load off a little and work back up. Call me a skeptic, but can the primer really matter all THAT much, on a 45ACP load? :dunno:

+100 Broom!!

It can if it doesn't go off at all.

Think about it, Shark, How many of ANY type of primers (Of course that have been taken care of properly) have you had NOT go off?? Between you, Broom, and Me, probably NOT enough to count on one hand??

Not sure with you, O'Shark, but between Broom+I, we have seated Thousands without having many "Not Go Off"..(and most of those were SIDEWAYS)...HA HA...Bill

Top Bottom