Pretty good shooting for a 11 year old 2nd maybe 3rd time ever shooting.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I got to camp with the boy scouts this weekend and they got to shoot .22 single shot rifles. SO much fun! Most of the kids as you would imagine had targets that looked like they had been hit with a shotgun at 50 yards. Not this young sniper. He says he has shot before but it couldn't be more than once or twice.

He and his dad let me take a picture of his target. I told them I've been to a lot of weekend classes where they teach marksmanship and there are always guys who's targets don't look this good at the end of the weekend.

That is 5 shots, I don't know what the score written on it is for, we didn't score them so he must have figured it up himself for bragging rights or something. LOL

He was pretty proud of it.

BTW, they had 94 kids camping at this outing and the guy doing a lot of the awesome cooking was sporting an INGO hat. :ingo: (It wasn't me.)

Last edited:

cozzmo81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Nice looking target! I have just recently gotten my two step-sons started shooting. They are 7 and 12. Its surprising to me how well they are both doing having never fired a gun before. They ask me everyday when the get home from school if we can go out and shoot.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Camp Ransburg? Lots of fun. I am still on their list for being counselor for Rifle and Shotgun merit badges. That is an impressive target for any age. I remember how cool it was to shoot there when I was an 11 year old Boy Scout. +1 to both of you.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    It was at Maumee, beautiful property. I'm not a bad shot, and I found myself feeling competitive juices flowing when I saw that target... then I realize I got that reaction from a 10-11 year old! lol.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    It was shooting .22 rifles at boy scout summer camp that started my lifelong love of firearms and shooting. I hope the same holds true for him. He's sure off to a great start!

Congrats to the young man. That's some mighty fine shootin'! :draw::thumbsup:

Top Bottom