• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    The Anointed One doesn't need this - He opens his mouth and all the stations cut away to him already anyway.

The Emergency Broadcast System has been around for a long time.

Power button - find it. There's more to life than the basement and tin foil.

Whatever your glass is half empty of - switch to Decaf or OJ or something!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Power button - find it. There's more to life than the basement and tin foil.

Power button, no kidding.

I wasn't posting this because I am worried that I am going to miss my favorite show. Hell, I don't even have cable tv. I posted this because it is an infringement on our rights.

This is an infringement on privately-owned media, free speech/press, and property rights. As I said, it is no different than the government forcing newspapers or websites to publish their propaganda message.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Ban Obama?

Fenway'd have to beat me to it!

StopHammertimecanttouchthis-sml.gif

:lmfao:

Now there's a good idea for a fundraiser, raffle tickets for the opportunity to ban His Obamaness. I'm in!:rockwoot:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Update

The President will demonstrate his unchallenged supremacy over the airwaves in two weeks. Thanks JetGirl for finding this.
    The Feds Will Cut Off TV and Radio on November 9th
    If you have ever wondered about the government’s ability to control the civilian airwaves, you will have your answer on November 9th. On that day, federal authorities are going to shut off all television and radio communications simultaneously at 2:00PM EST to complete the first ever test of the national Emergency Alert System (EAS).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    The President will demonstrate his unchallenged supremacy over the airwaves in two weeks. Thanks JetGirl for finding this.

I will say that the first thing I did was ensure that I wasn't going to miss the Walking Dead (the 9th is a Wednesday) but um yeah about those rights... :):

"I'm sorry this is a national emergency. Any other news but the news we give you isn't even prohibited, it simply doesn't exist. Thanks, have a nice day and enjoy your endless reruns of According to Jim :D."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I will say that the first thing I did was ensure that I wasn't going to miss the Walking Dead (the 9th is a Wednesday) but um yeah about those rights... :):

"I'm sorry this is a national emergency. Any other news but the news we give you isn't even prohibited, it simply doesn't exist. Thanks, have a nice day and enjoy your endless reruns of According to Jim :D."

I was expecting Obama to interrupt Palin saying she is going to run :laugh::scratch::banana:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    The current system is flawed anyways. Can anyone remember the alerts being issued on TV and radio when our country was under attack on 9/11? Nope. I don't believe there were any. An unknown amount of guided missiles being flown by terrorists must not have been a big enough emergency to issue any warnings to the general public.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The current system is flawed anyways. Can anyone remember the alerts being issued on TV and radio when our country was under attack on 9/11? Nope. I don't believe there were any. An unknown amount of guided missiles being flown by terrorists must not have been a big enough emergency to issue any warnings to the general public.

Not to mention the test missile fired off the coast of California in Nov-2010.

California Missile launch update: Chinese sub launched missile?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It was just on, and the world didn't come to an end, but for some reason Indy channels WISH and WTHR didn't broadcast it! Saw the notice at 2pm on the other over the air channels.

Top Bottom