• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CB1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 27, 2018
    Putnam County
    Bullseye, N320, and Titegroup. Have also used AA#2.

Bullseye just plain works and I have plenty of it.
    N320 is super soft shooting but hard to locate and expensive. Titegroup I can take it or leave it. AA#2 is very consistent when charging and works great for me. All of these are fast burning and a light charge will easily get you a load to make power factor, be mild on recoil, and will be subsonic.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I love sportpistol. It is consistent in my Dillon 750 and is gonna be an obvious double charge. It isn't smokey and works well for all my 9mm needs
    Love this. Titegroup is such a small volume charge it doesn't yield much confidence.

OP, have you considered the heavier grain bullets? I've loaded everything up to 165gr with amazingly quiet results.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    With 9mm, we load with either Bullseye or Unique. Both are very diverse with hundreds of calibers and bullet velocity's across those calibers.
    It also makes stocking pistol and cast rifle bullet powders easy.
    I have many other pistol powders available, most have been sitting on a shelf quite awhile.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Going to start loading 147's.

What are your top 3 preferred powders & why?

Trying to figure out if what I have is going to work or if I will need more.

thanks in advance.
    Don't forget to calculate in the temperature, and elevation where you will be shooting.

Temperature wise at 80 degrees speed of sound is 1138 fps
    Now at 30 degrees it's 1084
    I can't remember the elevation factor off hand but it plays a role as well. At sea level it's higher fps than say at Rifle, Colorado which is 5519 feet.
    IIRC 1050fps and under will be plenty good around here unless it's cold outside. As in below 20 degrees or less.

4gr of CFE Pistol is well below 1000fps.
    I don't have my information on hand right now but remember it was under 1000fps.

Top Bottom