• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    So I’m sure I have posted about this topic before but my question is who has used the mantis system? And what did you think? Was it worth the money and did it help? I read a few reviews saying the system had some flaws and I’m getting a itchy trigger finger, should I buy or just wait for ammo to be cheaper and train the normal way,

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    I haven't used this but I do use a dry fire laser , the gfire brand is the one I have (think its under $40 plus it has an app that goes with it) and I love it , even if ammo comes down I highly recommend dry fire training in general plus it's fun
    Have you seen the coolfire (I think thats what it's called) it uses co2 so you can actually run your striker fired pistol for repeat shots , I think if I were going to by the kit you are looking at I'd spend the extra for the coolfire

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I’ve never used the Mantis x that attaches to the pic rail on your gun but I do use the Mantis Laser academy app and targets. I already own a SIRT pistol so the app was free and I simply printed the targets off from their website(QR enabled, part of the key to the laser pickup accuracy).
    I don’t use this as a replacement for dryfire, which I highly encourage, but I do use it for accuracy work in my basement. The system is the best/most accurate I’ve used so far with laser trainers and actually allows you to work on accuracy or holster to first shot drills. You can break the lines on their B8 style targets and the app picks it up.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I highly recommend mantis for training, especially for ELR and PRS shooters. It can teach you a lot, really quickly.

bullitstang1313

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Columbus
    Over the last 18 months I have bought a bunch of the different offerings (Mantis, laser trainer, coolfire trainer, and airsoft). I feel each of them is good at one thing, but none of them are good at everything. I use the Mantis a couple days a week just to work on trigger control. I find it works best mounted to the rail, so I don't use it for draw. I typically use the laser cartridge and G-Sight app to work on my draw. One negative of a visible laser is that you can catch yourself looking at the laser and not your sights. For the CoolFire trainer, I usually only use it to practice drills and target transitions. I think the key for me is that each of these devices has added a unique twist and because of that I've stayed more dedicated to dry fire training. That made them worth it for me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom